SASS Wire Forum

Major Art Tillery

Much obliged Major and Wymore. I checked MidwayUSA and they do have them. It looks like I go right by there. I will call them before I leave Monday. I will post back what I find. 

Thanks so much guys.  

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

this is what I need Just one of the inserts. They have them in stock at track of the wolf. I may try to have them overnighted to the hotel if I can't borrow one.

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 6.27.44 PM.png

I might have a few. Not sure how I wound up with them but if you can use them they're all yours. I'll bring them along. 

Great article and centerfold pic in DP’s Blue Press, (in mailbox today) of the 1860 Henry. If that dont get ya’ fired up for this match, well, find somethin that does! The article did it for me! B. Tyler Henry, Smith, Wesson, Oliver Winchester, Volition Rifle, Volcanic! All the players! 

****TELEGRAM***

Howdy all,  Here is some information about the activities for the shoot.

Side matches are from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm

Long range starts at 9:00 am

Train ride Friday night, please be at the depot by 5:30 pm the train leaves at 6:00 pm.  Directions to the depot will be in the shooter packet.

Banquet Saturday night at the Elks,  social hour starts at 6:00 ish  and eating at 7:00 ish. We will be doing side match awards after eating.

Now the important stuff,, The directions to the range are Take Rain road South out of Chapman to 2200 ave. which is about 3 ½ miles, turn East and go 1 mile to Sage road then turn and go North about an 1/8 mile range entrance is on west side of the road. There are cowboy signs every mile in the west ditch pointing the way to the range.

As of today we have had almost 3 inches of rain even though 2200 ave is a good rock road it is soft, I recommend ya’ll bypass 2200 ave and continue south 1 more mile to 2100 ave turn there go east to Sage road turn left and come North to the range. It is a better road.

That being said since we are in a pasture and with all this moisture the parking in the pasture will be soft. We did just put several tons of rock on the lane leading to the range. Those that are bringing a camper to the range keep in mind that we have had quite a bit of moisture.

Saturday since we are shooting 6 stages we will break for lunch then finish the rest of the stages. On Sunday we will shoot all 4 stages then do lunch so we can make sure all scores are correct.

13 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Going to let the 1860  Henry do a little talking in just a few days!

FB_IMG_1556632109240.jpg.ebfb43365d1083480865cce8fb1b1ddf.jpg

WOW what a stock! Mine doesn't look anything like that. I've never shot anything but blanks out of it so far during some reinactments. I've purchased everything to load 44-40 so I will eventually get to shoot real lead out of it.

16 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

WOW what a stock! Mine doesn't look anything like that. I've never shot anything but blanks out of it so far during some reinactments. I've purchased everything to load 44-40 so I will eventually get to shoot real lead out of it.

That gun is beautiful.. Came across the picture and had to share.  I really like the 44-40 cartridge, found a great load using Trail Boss.

1 hour ago, Red Rider Rudy said:

So! who Won?  

T-bone Dooley was the overall Classic Cowboy winner. Major Art Tillery was the Henry Challenge winner. T-bone was also the overall match winner too.

Made it just east of Louisville tonight. Should be home tomorrow 

serious us good times, great people, and some awesome competition 

1 hour ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I left right after the match and got home last night at 8:30 so it took me right at 7 hours with only two stops on the way. Believe you said y'all were going stay over and leave Monday.

Travel safe my friend, great to meet you, too bad we were not on the same posse. Maybe we will get to shoot together some time in the future.

Scout

17 minutes ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

I left right after the match and got home last night at 8:30 so it took me right at 7 hours with only two stops on the way. Believe you said y'all were going stay over and leave Monday.

Travel safe my friend, great to meet you, too bad we were not on the same posse. Maybe we will get to shoot together some time in the future.

Scout

Yes left this morning at 7. Made it a little over 700 miles today. Should be a easy drive home tomorrow. About 350 miles to go. 

It would be great to shoot with you Scout. I will try to make that happen. 

Drifter

Be safe Hillbilly, hope to shoot with you sometime. 

Jax T

47 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Yes left this morning at 7. Made it a little over 700 miles today. Should be a easy drive home tomorrow. About 350 miles to go. 

It would be great to shoot with you Scout. I will try to make that happen. 

Drifter

So your trip was about 1,050 one way. Mine was 1,078 round trip.

Thank you to all of you fellas that came for the Showdown! It was a great time, and the Butterfield Gulch Gang really enjoyed hosting you for this event! I hope you all enjoyed your time at the Match and I look forward to shooting with you all down the Trail. Till next fellas... Ya all keep it CLASSIC!

PSX_20190506_213351.jpg.824e12b89383044db08a5b121221ffd3.jpg

5 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Drive safe.  Would like you all to make the trip out again next year.  K-Lyn and I enjoyed visiting with y'all over dinner.

Archived