SASS Wire Forum

Major Art Tillery

Major,

Got my app and the gold in the mail today. Bringing my Henry, hope its a classic posse!!

Jax T

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Got my confirmation email today and made my lodging reservations yesterday! Oh and today I requested the time off work (just a formality). This is gonna to be Fun!

On 4/1/2019 at 1:51 PM, Jax T said:

Major,

Got my app and the gold in the mail today. Bringing my Henry, hope its a classic posse!!

Jax T

That is great news Jax T be glad to have ya!   I am really hoping we can do a Classic Posse... Have to see if it works out.  See you in about a month!

On 4/1/2019 at 10:07 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Got my confirmation email today and made my lodging reservations yesterday! Oh and today I requested the time off work (just a formality). This is gonna to be Fun!

You bet it is going to be fun !  18 Comfirmed classics so far!

2 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

92 Shooters for the match! 

21 Classic Cowboys!  

Who is ready for this!

Me, Me, Me!!!!!

but I'm not on your last updated list, cause it's too old. :ph34r:

Now I'm on the list :D

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like 93 shooters for the match.... With 25 of them shooting Classic!! B)

Unfortunately the all Classic Posse will not work out this year... Darn it.  Oh well clean up them shooting irons folks and get ready for a shin-dig!

On 4/17/2019 at 10:42 PM, Major Art Tillery said:

Sounds like 93 shooters for the match.... With 25 of them shooting Classic!! B)

Unfortunately the all Classic Posse will not work out this year... Darn it.  Oh well clean up them shooting irons folks and get ready for a shin-dig!

All right, that's over 25 % of the attendies as classics!  :D

Your listing on the front page only shows 20, who are the other five? (Inquiring minds ;))

On 7/7/2018 at 6:23 PM, Major Art Tillery said:

... Yep, I am at it again :ph34r:... bringing it back home to Butterfield Gulch...

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN

~2019~

Camping tell us about camping on the range????

YOU'VE BEEN CALLED....

Are You Tough Enough To Accept The Challenge?

For 2019 in conjunction with the Butterfield Gulch Gang's match... "The Siege At Clark's Station" ,  I am calling out all Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls across the country!  That is right a challenge for a showdown on the plains of Kansas has been issued!  Do You Accept?

It takes a certain person to shoot the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl category, with all the clothing, firearm, caliber, and such requirements... it truly takes dedication.   I have shot with many great folks in a few surrounding states that are great examples of Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls.  But I want to shoot with MORE OF YOU FINE FOLKS AND BATTLE IT OUT WITH A BIG GROUP OF CLASSIC SHOOTERS!  So come on...  accept the challenge and sign up for The Siege At Clark's Station.  All you have to do is sign up as either Classic Cowboy Or Classic Cowgirl to be entered in the SHOWDOWN.   If you have ever wanted to give the category a try now is your chance, and learn some things from those that have been shooting it for a while. 

Butterfield Gulch is located in central Kansas, just south of historic Chapman, KS... just a short ride from Abilene, KS.  So it is right in the middle of some of the most famous "End Of The Line" cattle drive towns!  Butterfield Gulch brings you seven permanent stages ranging from a Fort, Gallows, Stage Depot, and others.  Also have a great long range, with shooting from 100yds to 400yds. 

I will be putting up a custom buckle for the event if we can get at least five (Classic Cowboy) shooters signed up for it (Three Classic Cowgirls for a Buckle).. and possibly some other awards TBD.

Working out some details for a Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Dinner get together on a Steam Train!  More info on that later so keep tuned in!

WEBSITE (CLUB INFO):  http://butterfieldgulch.com/default.htm

ENTRY FORM:  http://butterfieldgulch.com/Clarks Station flyer 2019 PDF.pdf

(All Shooters are encouraged to attend The Siege At Clark's Station Match.. but I am just picking a fight with the Classics :ph34r:... all in good fun of course :P)

I would love to see a huge gathering of classics for this match...unmatched at any other shooting venue! 

BUCKLE AND CONCHOS ARE DONE!!

PSX_20181220_213921.thumb.jpg.67453eb27131f4d96f824869a69ca422.jpg

Keep checking back for more info.

UPDATE 7-20-18 -  FRIDAY NIGHT SOCIAL TRAIN RIDE... See Below Post for more info.

UPDATE 1-4-19  ANOTHER AWARD OFFERED UP!  Abilene Slim has offered up a CUSTOM 2" Scarf Slide for an "1860 Henry Throwdown".  Abilene Slim just loves the 1860 Henry and knows many folks own one and enjoy shooting it, but often shy away for some reason or another...  To tempt people to use it for a main match he has offered up this award to the TOP shooter that uses the Henry for all 10 stages!  So if that is something that interest ya, just let me know when you register that your shooting the HENRY. 

499145776_1860ScarfSlideAward.jpg.16aa2d989102232728e62707649303f3.jpg

WHO'S COMING LIST 3-4-19

Confirmed entries marked with ... *

* Major Art Tillery  - (Henry)

* High Plains Hud 

* Stirrup Trouble

* Abilene Slim - (Henry)

* Hillbilly Drifter

* Pony Soldier

Dantankerous - (Henry)

Caney  Creek Annie

Wild Big Bill

Jax T

* Bulldog Brown

Asa Smith

* Wymore Wrangler

* Chili Pepper Kid

Shady Willie Brown

Richie Reno

Cornbread Jones ?

Travelin Travis

Ned Plinkerton - (Henry)

Asa Breckenridge

* Pit Mule

Updates List Fellas....

WHO'S COMING LIST 4-18-19

Confirmed entries marked with ... *

* Major Art Tillery  - (Henry)

* High Plains Hud 

* Stirrup Trouble

* Abilene Slim - (Henry)

* Hillbilly Drifter

* Pony Soldier

* Dantankerous - (Henry)

Jax T -(Henry)

* Bulldog Brown

* Asa Smith

* Wymore Wrangler

* Chili Pepper Kid

* Shady Willie Brown

* Richie Reno

* Travelin Travis 

* Ned Plinkerton - (Henry)

* Asa Breckenridge

* Pit Mule

* T-Bone Dooley

* Three Shot Shamrock

* Eldorado Wayne

* Hillbilly Bert

* Sage Runner

* Cowtown Scout

5 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

All right, that's over 25 % of the addendies as classics!  :D

Your listing on the front page only shows 20, who are the other five? (Inquiring minds ;))

Got it updated

Just for comparison the SW Regional Land Run has 400 shooters, 3 classic cowgirls, 10 classic cowboys, 5 classic cowboys senior, and 7 classic cowboys silver senior

Wow so let me think this out some. Im getting slow and feeble and slight of mind. How many places do they go in the regular awards? 10?:):)

Butterfield has some of the best awards . Way to go Major !! Great idea.

Surely this will make the Chronicle!!!

5 minutes ago, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

Wow so let me think this out some. Im getting slow and feeble and slight of mind. How many places do they go in the regular awards? 10?:):)

You slow and feeble and slight of mind?

Uh, no. 

:P

:D

5 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Just for comparison the SW Regional Land Run has 400 shooters, 3 classic cowgirls, 10 classic cowboys, 5 classic cowboys senior, and 7 classic cowboys silver senior

That's a testament to Major Art Tillery. A classic, classic cowboy.

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 5:18 PM, High Plains Hud SASS#64232 said:

Slow?  Ummmm No! 

We got some competition this year for sure HUD!

On ‎4‎/‎19‎/‎2019 at 3:08 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Ain't that just great!

I am sorting out my gear now. Hit the road a week from tomorrow. Cant wait to meet and shoot with you all.

I have a table for 10 at the Brookville Hotel on the 2nd at 5:30. As of now I think there are 6 of us going to be there. 1052 miles to go....

21 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I am sorting out my gear now. Hit the road a week from tomorrow. Cant wait to meet and shoot with you all.

I have a table for 10 at the Brookville Hotel on the 2nd at 5:30. As of now I think there are 6 of us going to be there. 1052 miles to go....

HD

I'd like to join your group for dinner there on the 2nd if you don't mind. Would everyone be dressing Classic for eatin that night?

Scout

37 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

That is good grub!  You won't be disappointed.  They even allowed us to wear our pistols in (Unloaded) a few years back.  Super nice folks and they love it when we wear our old west gear.

Wish I could make it but work gets in the way :( 

1 hour ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

HD

I'd like to join your group for dinner there on the 2nd if you don't mind. Would everyone be dressing Classic for eatin that night?

Scout

Love to have you join us. Will it be just you? I need to give them a firm headcount at least the morning of. Had not thought about the dress but I will likely dress cowboy. Maybe not full CCB. Not planning on bringing my guns. My wife will probably dress civilian, lol.

33 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Love to have you join us. Will it be just you? I need to give them a firm headcount at least the morning of. Had not thought about the dress but I will likely dress cowboy. Maybe not full CCB. Not planning on bringing my guns. My wife will probably dress civilian, lol.

Yes just me. Not goin to wear any guns, want to be comfortable setting and eating. Think it would be cool for us to dress cowboy but I don't want to be the only one. That's why I asked.

4 hours ago, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

HD

Scout

I'm dressing Cowboy but not wearing spurs they have nice wooden chairs. 

56 minutes ago, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

I'm dressing Cowboy but not wearing spurs they have nice wooden chairs. 

Good point about the spurs.

HELP!!!! I am putting my stuff all together to leave here Monday for this Shoot. I just noticed that the insert for the front peep sight on my Sharps 45-70 is missing!!

does anyone that is coming have one I could buy or borrow for the long range side match? It is the metal insert with crosshairs. 

I bought this rifle last year specifically for THIS match! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

this is what I need Just one of the inserts. They have them in stock at track of the wolf. I may try to have them overnighted to the hotel if I can't borrow one.

Screen Shot 2019-04-27 at 6.27.44 PM.png

Archived