SASS Wire Forum

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Major those are fantastic! I am planning on taking one of those 5 home with me but iffin I don't, I imagine I will still have one of the best times of my adult life....

9 hours ago, Shady Willie Brown said:

Well I guess I can switch from Gunfighter for a chance to whip up on some Classic Cowboys!

Well now its got real serious now!!  I think there should be a requirement for a back ground check and like the carnival rides a height requirement:):).  They are letting anybody in this apparently. Whip up on Classic Cowboys? We going to be on you like guineas on a snake!!!  

It is going to be fun Willie. As usual buckles dont matter as long as i am one above you.!:)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2018 at 6:17 PM, Asa Breckenridge SASS # 80978 said:

Doggone, Major. This sounds great. Ned Plinkerton and I were just talking about this over a cold frosty this afternoon. I've never shot classic, but if I can come up with some new leather, I reckon I'll have to make the the trip. 

Howdy pard.. Think you may make the match?

Going to be a good one!

Congratulations to Major Art Tillery and Cayenne Kay for being named the Classic Cowboy and Cowgirl of the year!!  Announcement here 

Scout

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎1‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 1:11 PM, Cowtown Scout, SASS #53540 L said:

Congratulations to Major Art Tillery and Cayenne Kay for being named the Classic Cowboy and Cowgirl of the year!!  Announcement here 

Scout

Thank Ya Scout!  You going to Winter Range?

So I have a New Announcement for the Classic Cowboy Showdown!  This year has been great, several other Classics have jumped in to make this a great match!  From Pony Soldier kicking in for four custom conchos for 2nd thru 5th place!  And now Abilene Slim has offered up a CUSTOM 2" Scarf Slide for an "1860 Henry Throwdown".  Abilene Slim just loves the 1860 Henry and knows many folks own one and enjoy shooting it, but often shy away for some reason or another...  To tempt people to use it for a main match he has offered up this award to the TOP shooter that uses the Henry for all 10 stages!  So if that is something that interest ya, just let me know when you register that your shooting the HENRY. 

Another great award for this years Showdown!  Dang this is going to be a HOOT!  DIG THEM HENRY'S OUT AND LETS PAY!

THANKS ABILENE!

7 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Thank Ya Scout!  You going to Winter Range?

No sir will not make it this year. Yall have a great time!

Scout

• 3 weeks later...
12 hours ago, hud said:

Wish this a little,  ok a LOT closer to home...

Hud

Hud, where else are you going to go shoot where the great Texas cattle herds once roamed where you shooting at....  local attractions are great also. come on, go East young man....

15 hours ago, hud said:

Wish this a little,  ok a LOT closer to home...

Hud

Too bad you couldn't make it Hud... It would be great to shoot with you.  Right now, if everyone shows up, we should have about as many classic cowboys as they had at Winter Range!  Which I think is great.

Yea, but with regionals, state championships and the trips to Arizona and New Mexico,  it's a bit more than my plate can hold. 

Btw, how many of you know that when this class was originally brought up it was a MIGHT different. The original intent was, 7 items, 38-40 and larger, black powder ONLY, and (get ready) only ONE handgun.  That was actually partially Hipshots idea, as it would have evened out shooting 1 handed large cal, and it would have been great to see a Classic Cowboy in the top ten shoot off. That was in '02 or '03. The TGs gutted it. Oh well.....

I just received a message from Abilene Slim and the award for Top Classic Shooter With an 1860 Henry has arrived!  Check It OUT!

236677628_1860Slide.jpg.b2d7693a0d2c288eba6dced3c44a0cb0.jpg

So this award is a 2" Custom Concho Scarf Slide that Abilene Slim has offered up for the 2019 Classic Cowboy Showdown.  This award will go to the TOP shooter who finishes all 10 stages shooting the Classic Category with an 1860 Henry Rifle!  Abilene Slim just loves the Henry Rifle and would really like to see more folks dig it out of the back of the safe and shoot it in a match!  So come on folks dig out that Henry, clean it up and lets RUN'EM!   

JUST ONE MORE REASON TO SIGN UP FOR THE SHOWDOWN!

Thanks for your Contribution Abilene!

AWESOME!

I'll play!

Thanks Slim!

:D

Archived