SASS Wire Forum

Major Art Tillery

4 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Bringing it back to the top... Folks.

I have added a few more to the shooters list for claasics.  Most of them are just verbal comfirmations as of right now... But by golly it looks like we are on the rifgt track for a great gathering of Classics!

I signed up for the West Virginia Showdown in September. I was informed that I was the ONLY Classic Cowboy :(

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Jax T said:

Major,

i haven't got signed up yet but I plan on making the showdown for 19.  Can't wait to shoot with a bunch of classics. 

Jax T

Awesome!  Will add ya to the list... Glad your coming, we will show you a good time!

1 hour ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I signed up for the West Virginia Showdown in September. I was informed that I was the ONLY Classic Cowboy :(

That just stinks pard... Kind of why I got the idea of this Classic Cowboy Showdown.  I wanted to bring more folks to the match shooting classic.  And well you can't get more centrally located then Kansas. :D  Glad your making the trip.. We will show you a good time!

• 3 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Bulldog Brown said:

Major: You can put my name in the ring, Have converted to the Classic side, and Miss Connie is on my side. See you in T-Town. Bulldog Brown

Sure thing Uncle Bulldog! ;)   Glad to see you wanna play with the cool kids!..:lol:

• 2 weeks later...

Trying to get the word out for this match... if anybody would like to help, please PM your email address and I will send you an email I wrote up about it.  Then if you would, please pass it on down the line to other shooters and clubs to share. 

THANKS PARDS!

Feel Free to send me any info you may have on any of your local annuals and I will gladly do the same and post the info on our clubs Facebook Page.

• 2 weeks later...

Classics! Come one, come all! 

We'll have a great time!

But ya won't know unless yore there!

So... At a recent match I had about four folks come up and tell me they plan on signing up for Classic Cowboy for the showdown!   This is looking like it is going to be one big gathering of the Classics!  

11 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

So... At a recent match I had about four folks come up and tell me they plan on signing up for Classic Cowboy for the showdown!   This is looking like it is going to be one big gathering of the Classics!  

They heard you were going to give away a Cadillac to the top Classic! Look out, little brother, you started something now!

anoldcadillacwithlonghornsasthehoodornamentinfortworthtexas.jpg

11 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Is there a current list of Classic Cowboys coming?  Can this please get here faster faster?

Drifter

I have a list of the classics that are signed up already and the ones that said they are coming for the showdown at the bottom of the original post.  I try to keep it updated as I get word.

Going to be fun!  I am getting help from alot of classics... We now have some great awards for the top five!  Among some other things planned too!

• 2 weeks later...

Major.. Printed out the app .Hope to make it as Classic.Talk it over with the other.

Largo

44 minutes ago, largo casey #19191 said:

Major.. Printed out the app .Hope to make it as Classic.Talk it over with the other.

Largo

Largo that is great news!  Hope to have you join us!  Remember to put down on your entry how many for the train ride social Friday Night!  Limited to 140 for it so wanna make sure you folks are on the list if you wanna do that.

Any thing else feel free to ask.

Major

On 11/10/2018 at 12:14 PM, largo casey #19191 said:

Got 1 more question.Do the Railcars have wheelchair lifts?

Largo

Finally got a reply back pard.  You should be good to go!

(Reply)

"Yes, we are wheelchair accessible.  If its a very wide chair they will have to stay on the outside car, as we can't get them through to gate area

to the enclosed car."

Thanks Major. Also how far is the train station from the range?

Largo

3 hours ago, Flinthills Dawg said:

Largo the train station is about 18 miles from the range in Abilene. The banquet facility is also in Abilene

Dawg

Thanks Dawg.

Also if you are planning in staying in a motel.. Abilene, Ks would be the town with all the motels.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived