SASS Wire Forum

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Well i'm bringing my Henry. Not sure Ill shoot the stages with it or not. Might just be fun!

I think four of us so far are using the Henry... They are a hoot to shoot!

10 hours ago, Ned Plinkerton, SASS #41905 said:

Well boys, myself and another cowpoke from MO have decided to make the trip to Kansas for this shoot! Yeehaw! Lookin forward to seein you fellers! 

Going to be a good time!  Be good to see ya!

On ‎3‎/‎2‎/‎2019 at 4:39 PM, hud said:

Yea, but with regionals, state championships and the trips to Arizona and New Mexico,  it's a bit more than my plate can hold. 

Maybe one of these days! It would be good to meet you.

On 3/4/2019 at 10:30 AM, Ned Plinkerton, SASS #41905 said:

Well boys, myself and another cowpoke from MO have decided to make the trip to Kansas for this shoot! Yeehaw! Lookin forward to seein you fellers! 

Hey Ned I bet you got an 1860!!  You would look classy you know. Give the rest of us chance! Maybe knowing you a very small chance :)  will be good to shoot with and againist you again. Always fun. See ya then. And Woolaroc?

17 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

If any folks coming to the match have a chance to eat in Abilene, Ks while here... I urge you to check out the Brookville Hotel. http://www.brookvillehotel.com/

Great fried chicken dinner... And a very neat atmosphere!

I will be there for a few days extra. I will be sure and check this out. Thanks Major!

I am hoping that Ned only loads his revolvers with 3 rounds each to give the rest of us a chance.  On 2nd thought maybe just 2 rounds each. :o Yup. He's good.

I'm looking forward to seeing you again, Ned. This is going to be one magnificent shoot.

Lots of old and new cowboy friends!

H. P. Hud! it will be great to see you. And yes, got me a shiny new Henry rifle, just for this here shindig! Sounds like it will be a blast! And sorry to say, that myself and Tanga will miss Wooloroc this year, we will be in Alaska! (Like it hasnt been cold and snowy enough ‘round here)! Haha

And you can tell Dantankerous that ill be loadin five at a time in my pistols, only chance I will have to keep up with you other hog-leg-jockies!

14 hours ago, Major Art Tillery said:

If any folks coming to the match have a chance to eat in Abilene, Ks while here... I urge you to check out the Brookville Hotel. http://www.brookvillehotel.com/

Great fried chicken dinner... And a very neat atmosphere!

So are we going to try and meet there for dinner Friday night before the train ride?????

13 minutes ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

So are we going to try and meet there for dinner Friday night before the train ride?????

I am planning on eating there on the evening of the 2nd of May. It would probably be very difficult to set this up in conjunction with the train ride, but who knows what the Major can do.

26 minutes ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I am planning on eating there on the evening of the 2nd of May. It would probably be very difficult to set this up in conjunction with the train ride, but who knows what the Major can do.

The owner of Brookfield loves cowboy shooters, he has had group photo's taken with us.  So I'm sure the Major could make it happen without much arm twisting!!!!

3 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I was more thinking that the restaurant opens at 5 and our train ride is at 6. Might be squeezing the clock a mite.

Yep you are correct... Time restraints make it tough to do.  Hopefully some get a chance to eat there.

29 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Yep you are correct... Time restraints make it tough to do.  Hopefully some get a chance to eat there.

Could you ask the owner to open early at 4:30 pm, I'm sure we could get a large enough group to make it worth his while...

I personally just don't have the time pard...   We got side match events till 4.  Then the targets need reset and painted back up for main match on Saturday.  Then I need to get to train station and get things squared away there.  Drinks and snack and such aboard train.

Other shooters may have time if they got in right at 5 at Brookville Hotel.. Have to eat fast though.. :)

Also welcome to bring food on train

22 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

I'm thinking of arriving on the 2nd. Could my daughter and I join ya?

Just now, Chili Pepper Kid, SASS #60463 said:

I'm thinking of arriving on the 2nd. Could my daughter and I join ya?

absolutely ! As the time gets closer we will talk. I am planning to have reservations for 5pm. It will be my wife and I. Would be great to have you and your daughter join us.

On 3/6/2019 at 10:16 AM, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Hello Drifter

Insanity and I would like to join you guys at the Brookville Inn on Thursday evening If you don't mind.

May have Beefalo Bruns join us as well, if that is agreeable?

Maybe we can turn this into a party on Thursday night too!

We had a good group last year.

Asa

7 minutes ago, Asa Smith said:

Hello Drifter

Insanity and I would like to join you guys at the Brookville Inn on Thursday evening If you don't mind.

May have Beefalo Bruns join us as well, if that is agreeable?

Maybe we can turn this into a party on Thursday night too!

We had a good group last year.

Asa

Asa

that would be great. The more that can come the better. Evolving into a party....perfect! Perhaps when we get a head count in the next week or two we should go ahead and get reservations. 

**UPDATE 3-17-19**

Wanted to give an update on the match so far.  As of right now we have 42 shooters signed up... 13 of those are shooting CLASSIC!!  I know of several folks that are still attending the match but have not yet got entries sent in, including myself :lol:.  

The Train Ride for Friday Night is filling up fast.. with about 50 folks to attend so far.    The train will hold about 136... so if you want in on the train ride please get those entries in ASAP!

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!!

On 7/7/2018 at 6:23 PM, Major Art Tillery said:

... Yep, I am at it again :ph34r:... bringing it back home to Butterfield Gulch...

CLASSIC COWBOY SHOWDOWN

~2019~

YOU'VE BEEN CALLED....

Are You Tough Enough To Accept The Challenge?

For 2019 in conjunction with the Butterfield Gulch Gang's match... "The Siege At Clark's Station" ,  I am calling out all Classic Cowboys and Cowgirls across the country!  That is right a challenge for a showdown on the plains of Kansas has been issued!  Do You Accept?

It takes a certain person to shoot the Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl category, with all the clothing, firearm, caliber, and such requirements... it truly takes dedication.   I have shot with many great folks in a few surrounding states that are great examples of Classic Cowboys/Cowgirls.  But I want to shoot with MORE OF YOU FINE FOLKS AND BATTLE IT OUT WITH A BIG GROUP OF CLASSIC SHOOTERS!  So come on...  accept the challenge and sign up for The Siege At Clark's Station.  All you have to do is sign up as either Classic Cowboy Or Classic Cowgirl to be entered in the SHOWDOWN.   If you have ever wanted to give the category a try now is your chance, and learn some things from those that have been shooting it for a while. 

Butterfield Gulch is located in central Kansas, just south of historic Chapman, KS... just a short ride from Abilene, KS.  So it is right in the middle of some of the most famous "End Of The Line" cattle drive towns!  Butterfield Gulch brings you seven permanent stages ranging from a Fort, Gallows, Stage Depot, and others.  Also have a great long range, with shooting from 100yds to 400yds. 

I will be putting up a custom buckle for the event if we can get at least five (Classic Cowboy) shooters signed up for it (Three Classic Cowgirls for a Buckle).. and possibly some other awards TBD.

Working out some details for a Classic Cowboy/Cowgirl Dinner get together on a Steam Train!  More info on that later so keep tuned in!

WEBSITE (CLUB INFO):  http://butterfieldgulch.com/default.htm

ENTRY FORM:  http://butterfieldgulch.com/Clarks Station flyer 2019 PDF.pdf

(All Shooters are encouraged to attend The Siege At Clark's Station Match.. but I am just picking a fight with the Classics :ph34r:... all in good fun of course :P)

I would love to see a huge gathering of classics for this match...unmatched at any other shooting venue! 

BUCKLE AND CONCHOS ARE DONE!!

PSX_20181220_213921.thumb.jpg.67453eb27131f4d96f824869a69ca422.jpg

Keep checking back for more info.

UPDATE 7-20-18 -  FRIDAY NIGHT SOCIAL TRAIN RIDE... See Below Post for more info.

UPDATE 1-4-19  ANOTHER AWARD OFFERED UP!  Abilene Slim has offered up a CUSTOM 2" Scarf Slide for an "1860 Henry Throwdown".  Abilene Slim just loves the 1860 Henry and knows many folks own one and enjoy shooting it, but often shy away for some reason or another...  To tempt people to use it for a main match he has offered up this award to the TOP shooter that uses the Henry for all 10 stages!  So if that is something that interest ya, just let me know when you register that your shooting the HENRY. 

499145776_1860ScarfSlideAward.jpg.16aa2d989102232728e62707649303f3.jpg

WHO'S COMING LIST 3-4-19

Confirmed entries marked with ... *

* Major Art Tillery  - (Henry)

* High Plains Hud 

* Stirrup Trouble

* Abilene Slim - (Henry)

* Hillbilly Drifter

* Pony Soldier

Dantankerous - (Henry)

Caney  Creek Annie

Wild Big Bill

Jax T

* Bulldog Brown

Asa Smith

* Wymore Wrangler

* Chili Pepper Kid

Shady Willie Brown

Richie Reno

Cornbread Jones ?

Travelin Travis

Ned Plinkerton - (Henry)

Asa Breckenridge

* Pit Mule

T-Bone Dooley

On ‎3‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 2:42 PM, T-Bone SASS #36388 said:

OK Ellie just downloaded entries. We are gonna do it, the Classic Cowboy Showdown here we come. Gonna stay on the range 

It will be Great to have you folks join us T-Bone!  Glad you can two can make it to the Showdown, did you sign up for the train ride Friday evening as well?  Going to be quite a group of Classics... better bring that "A" Game of yours! :P

So Major

Do I have to be fast to get a * by my name? *******!!!

I know ain't good lookin' cus Hud an Slim have um' :mellow:

Asa

1 hour ago, Asa Smith said:

So Major

Do I have to be fast to get a * by my name? *******!!!

I know ain't good lookin' cus Hud an Slim have um' :mellow:

Asa

Are you looking at the original 1st post to this thread?  I updated it the other day and you have a *  ...

And ya don't have to be fast.. :P

54 minutes ago, Asa Smith said:

Whew!

That's a relief...

Yep you made the cut Asa! .. Only the elite of the elite get to attend such a magnificent event such as The Classic Cowboy Showdown!   See ya on the range pard!

Say you shooting all brass shotgun shells this time?

21 minutes ago, Major Art Tillery said:

Say you shooting all brass shotgun shells this time?

Was planning on using them at Parker's Blackpowder Championship.

Toying with shooting' the Henry though, haven't shot it much...

1 minute ago, Asa Smith said:

Was planning on using them at Parker's Blackpowder Championship.

Toying with shooting' the Henry though, haven't shot it much...

Go For it!  I think Dantankerous and I both are.  One of the coolest rifles ever!

Archived