SASS Wire Forum

Butterfied Gulch Gang.. Presents "SEIGE AT CLARK'S STATION" 2019 **Update 7-20-18**

Major Art Tillery

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, WymoreWrangler SASS 46187 said:

How many registered shooters so far???

Ya know I need to talk with Dawg and see.  I know several that are attending but not signed up yet.  Many wait till last minute it seems.

On 3/13/2019 at 4:26 PM, Coyote Kid, SASS#54714 said:

Hey Chili Pepper, I'll see you there. It's been a while since I've had your blue ribbon chili.

Coyote Kid

Howdy Coyote it'll be great to see you again!!

**UPDATE 3-17-19**

Wanted to give an update on the match so far.  As of right now we have 42 shooters signed up... 13 of those are shooting CLASSIC!!  I know of several folks that are still attending the match but have not yet got entries sent in, including myself :lol:.  

The Train Ride for Friday Night is filling up fast.. with about 50 folks to attend so far.    The train will hold about 136... so if you want in on the train ride please get those entries in ASAP!

THIS IS GOING TO BE FUN!!

Major, just wanted to double check that we are signed up for the train ride.  I told Dawg to put us down for two.  Dee West, my better half, would be upset if she didn't get a ride on the train.  Could you check for me, please?  Much appreciated.

1 hour ago, Dead Eye Jake said:

Major, just wanted to double check that we are signed up for the train ride.  I told Dawg to put us down for two.  Dee West, my better half, would be upset if she didn't get a ride on the train.  Could you check for me, please?  Much appreciated.

Of course... Will check with Dawg tomorrow.

1 hour ago, T-Bone SASS #36388 said:

Ellie sent our apps in today. Looking forward to seeing and meeting new CC. 

I sure am looking forward to meeting you T Bone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

***TELEGRAM***

Howdy all,  Here is some information about the activities for the shoot.

Side matches are from 10:30 am to 3:30 pm

Long range starts at 9:00 am

Train ride Friday night, please be at the depot by 5:30 pm the train leaves at 6:00 pm.  Directions to the depot will be in the shooter packet.

Banquet Saturday night at the Elks,  social hour starts at 6:00 ish  and eating at 7:00 ish. We will be doing side match awards after eating.

Now the important stuff,, The directions to the range are Take Rain road South out of Chapman to 2200 ave. which is about 3 ½ miles, turn East and go 1 mile to Sage road then turn and go North about an 1/8 mile range entrance is on west side of the road. There are cowboy signs every mile in the west ditch pointing the way to the range.

As of today we have had almost 3 inches of rain even though 2200 ave is a good rock road it is soft, I recommend ya’ll bypass 2200 ave and continue south 1 more mile to 2100 ave turn there go east to Sage road turn left and come North to the range. It is a better road.

That being said since we are in a pasture and with all this moisture the parking in the pasture will be soft. We did just put several tons of rock on the lane leading to the range. Those that are bringing a camper to the range keep in mind that we have had quite a bit of moisture.

Saturday since we are shooting 6 stages we will break for lunch then finish the rest of the stages. On Sunday we will shoot all 4 stages then do lunch so we can make sure all scores are correct.

Arrived in Abilene last night. Neat little town with loads of history. Drove out to the gate at the range today just to familiarize myself with the location. The 2100 rd is really much better than the 2200 road so heed the instructions above. 

See y’all Friday 

4 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

Arrived in Abilene last night. Neat little town with loads of history. Drove out to the gate at the range today just to familiarize myself with the location. The 2100 rd is really much better than the 2200 road so heed the instructions above. 

See y’all Friday 

HD See ya tomorrow night for dinner.

19 hours ago, Hillbilly Drifter said:

See y’all Friday 

Check out the Sealey Mansion, Big white house on the main highway, I'm total redneck and the place impresses the heck out of me!!!!!

On 8/19/2018 at 9:33 AM, Major Art Tillery said:

Long Range At Butterfield Gulch... 

This side match at The Siege At Clark's Station will be:

Friday May 3rd, 2019 starting at 9a.m.

PSX_20180819_093050.thumb.jpg.c7195a7b5982ff7c091944dffcb770b1.jpg

A pic for the long range shooters tomorrow 

• 2 weeks later...

Archived