SASS Wire Forum

Butterfied Gulch Gang.. Presents "SEIGE AT CLARK'S STATION" 2019 **Update 7-20-18**

Major Art Tillery

Looking for a great match for your list in 2019?  Look no further, the Butterfield Gulch Gang is going to bring you one May 3rd - 5th, 2019.  Make sure you get this on your list, you don't want to miss it!

This match is held outside of Chapman, Kansas at our range we like to call BUTTERFIELD GULCH!  Our range has seven permanent stages, ranging from a fort, gallows, livery barn, and others.  The gang works hard to provide all shooters a great time with the chance to win some awesome awards and prizes!

The Siege At Clark's Station will bring you three great days of shooting!

- Friday-

- Long Range 100yds - 400yds

- Normal Speed side matches with a few extras tossed in

- Friday Night Social TRAIN RIDE 6p.m. in Abilene

-Saturday-

- 6 Main Match Stages

- Banquet at Elk's Lodge in historic Abilene, KS

-Sunday-

- 4 Main Match Stages

- Awards

So Sign up folks and keep checking back for more info!

ENTRY FORM:  http://butterfieldgulch.com/Clarks Station flyer 2019 PDF.pdf

Any questions please feel free to ask!

UPDATE  7-20-18 -  Friday Night Social Train Ride... See Below Post For More Info

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always a great match! Very well run by a host of fantastic folks! Fun stages, good props, excellent banquet, on site camping, easy parking, and awesomely unique awards. 

If I ain't workin', I'll be there. 

57 minutes ago, Dantankerous said:

Always a great match! Very well run by a host of fantastic folks! Fun stages, good props, excellent banquet, on site camping, easy parking, and awesomely unique awards. 

If I ain't workin', I'll be there. 

You don't look that well, I bet you may come down with something in May.  Just a guess but if you do, I bet some of us can write you a sick note for your boss.:ph34r:

Fannie and I should be back from wintering in Arizona by the first of May.  We plan on bein there.  Had a great time at this years match.  And if I got a say in this, I know who I want to write the stages again!:)

Might look at that for next year weekend after Land Run SW Regional, might even get a couple of Aussies up there too.

20 hours ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

Fannie and I should be back from wintering in Arizona by the first of May.  We plan on bein there.  Had a great time at this years match.  And if I got a say in this, I know who I want to write the stages again!:)

Glad you folks had fun this past year, looking forward to having you join us again!

I will see if I can get that same fella to write stages again!  :lol:

8 hours ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

Might look at that for next year weekend after Land Run SW Regional, might even get a couple of Aussies up there too.

That would be great to have you folks come and join us next year.   Keep us in mind for sure, it'll be a good time!

Dan & I have discussed the idea of an 1860 Henry match within a match, which could be really cool (according to us). I know there's some safe queens out there that are being neglected! 

If you're man or woman enough, bring an 1860 Henry for your main match rifle! Throw down!  :D

1 hour ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Dan & I have discussed the idea of an 1860 Henry match within a match, which could be really cool (according to us). I know there's some safe queens out there that are being neglected! 

If you're man or woman enough, bring an 1860 Henry for your main match rifle! Throw down!  :D

Hmm an 1860 throwdown huh?

9 hours ago, Abilene Slim SASS 81783 said:

Yup!

Yup yup.

A Henry Throwdown-Showdown is just my game. :D

How did you yo with the dinner and train ride idea Major?

11 minutes ago, Jackaroo, # 29989 said:

How did you yo with the dinner and train ride idea Major?

Still working on the details on it.  It looks as if the dinner train is super expensive and requires a minimum of 40 folks to attend.  

But you can rent the train for the ride and bring food.  So leaning towards a Friday night social possibly... With snack type food?  Got an email out to the folks with some questions and just waiting for a reply.  I think it would be a hoot!  Get a picture of the whole group at the depot next to train all dressed up. Then get to spend some time on the train telling stories and shoot'n the breeze.

Will keep folks informed on what i find out.

Sounds great, something different for change.

we had a paddle steamer dinner and cruise on the Murray river in Australia back in 05 and it was great.

**********TELEGRAM**********

It Is Official, We Done Got A TRAIN!

Sign up for The Siege At Clark's Station May 3rd - 5th, 2019, & Join The Butterfield Gulch Gang As We Offer You A Friday Evening Social Aboard A Train That Will Take Us From Abilene To Enterprise And Back!!  I Don't Know About You But This Sounds Like A Dang Good Time, And Your Not Going To Wanna Miss IT!  So Get Them Entry Forums In Quick To Help Us Finalize Planning. ( Please make a note on entry forum if you would like to attend the train ride and how many).

This Train Ride Social Gathering Will Leave Abilene Around 6p.m. on Friday the 3rd.  (Approximately 25 Minutes From The Butterfield Gulch Shooting Range).  Snacks/Drinks Will Be Provided, But Feel Free To Bring Some to Share If You Would Like (food is allowed on train).

Of Course 'Cowboy/Cowgirl' attire is encouraged. (Hope To Get A Photo Of The Group At The Old Train Depot, Before We Depart On The Trip) 

The train has three main cars, one dinning car with A/C (seats 56)... and two open cars with Canopy tops (seat 40 each).  Personally I think the open cars would be great in the cool evenings in May!

Directions to The Train Depot will be included in shooters packet!

Rules: 

Sorry but No alcohol is allowed on the train. 

No Switching from one car to another while moving.  (You May Change Places In Enterprise before heading back to Abilene)

I have talked to the folks Abilene And Smokey Valley Railroad and they even will allow us to wear our firearms if anyone so chooses, they just have to be unloaded.

**********TELEGRAM**********

Siege At Clark's Station Presented By The Butterfield Gulch Gang of Chapman, KS.  Look Below for links to our website and entry Forum... we look forward to having you join us in 2019!

Website - http://butterfieldgulch.com/default.htm

Entry Forum - http://butterfieldgulch.com/Clarks Station flyer 2019 PDF.pdf

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Trying to get the word out for this match... if anybody would like to help, please PM your email address and I will send you an email I wrote up about it.  Then if you would, please pass it on down the line to other shooters and clubs to share. 

THANKS PARDS!

Feel Free to send me any info you may have on any of your local annuals and I will gladly do the same and post the info on our clubs Facebook Page.

• 1 month later...

Archived