SASS Wire Forum

Eldorado MAIN MATCHES

Creeker, SASS #43022

In our never ending quest to offer more to our shooters; we are looking into a 2-3 stage black powder night shoot on Friday evening.

This would be a no cost event; mostly for fun and photo opportunities.

Tho I may be able to finangle a trophy or plaque if I beg Charming.

If this appeals to you; let me know so I can judge interest and arrange for range permissions (after dark shooting events have to approved by the shooting range and local pd).

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am willing to be the official photographer, I can bring my high end camera for stills and video.

TB

30 minutes ago, Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118 said:

I am willing to be the official photographer, I can bring my high end camera for stills and video.

TB

Exceedingly generous of you.  Thank you.  I will keep you apprised of the status of this idea.  Hopefully it comes together as night bp shoots are pretty cool to watch.

You asked for it - We delivered.

ITS OFFICIAL - Eldorado 2018 will be having a BLACKPOWDER NIGHT SHOOT.

Friday night at dusk plus a few minutes.

If you are interested in participating - please contact Charming, Boxherder or myself so we may coordinate numbers.

Stage and round counts will be posted soon.

I'll be sure to have my camera set-up as a remote shoot location so I can be as far away from the soot lords as possible!:lol:

TB

Holy  Moses, Mercy, Mercy, Geeeez what a way to get charged with Involuntary man slaughter. Just plain un-believeable

Since I know everyone was waiting with great anticipation...

Thursday night Eldorado movie on the range will be...

Terrence Hill, Henry Fonda

My Name is Nobody.

Shortly after the completion of Cowboy Clays Thursday night we will be showing the movie. 

This is yet another free event to make your experience at Eldorado the best it can be.

Free popcorn, candy and soda for all attendees.

Join us for movie night on the range.

Eldorado last year (my first one) was fun but the NIGHT SHOOT puts it over the top.  My app is filled out for the mail in the morning.  Miz Lou loves a NIGHT SHOOT.  We should take up a collection and get TB a gas mask so he can get good pictures of us :D  Complete waste of a good duelist - not shooting the right powder.  Harumph!

5 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Read it again. He said free, not fresh. :lol:

Creeker is not in charge of the popcorn. 

Shakey D and Nevada Skye are kind enough to sponsor Movie Night on the Range; so the popcorn will be both fresh and free.

I assure you; I will be there enjoying a great movie with my ice cold Pepsi and popcorn. 

2 hours ago, Lou Graham, # 26112 said:

Eldorado last year (my first one) was fun but the NIGHT SHOOT puts it over the top.  My app is filled out for the mail in the morning.  Miz Lou loves a NIGHT SHOOT.  We should take up a collection and get TB a gas mask so he can get good pictures of us :D  Complete waste of a good duelist - not shooting the right powder.  Harumph!

Great to have you join us again. 

And great that you enjoyed yourself last year even if you were stuck on a horrible posse.

(Lou was on the same posse as Gawd Awful and some other clown gunfighter...

Cracker? Clanker?  Oh, yeah Creeker)

5 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Great to have you join us again. 

And great that you enjoyed yourself last year even if you were stuck on a horrible posse.

(Lou was on the same posse as Gawd Awful and some other clown gunfighter...

Cracker? Clanker?  Oh, yeah Creeker)

Lou is used to being stuck on a posse with me, sometimes she even willingly joins a posse I’m already on.  Probably because Awful E Nice is on the posse as well <_<

Charming has informed me that all the category State Championship awards have now been finished.

These are always a good looking award.

The highest finishing Nevada resident in each category will be recognized as a Nevada State Champion.

12 hours ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

That's the only reason I'm willing to shoot with you...

What was your excuse at Damn Site, when you knew she wasn’t coming? 

For those interested - Mini Match stages and Black Powder Night Shoot Stages are now posted on the Eldorado Cowboys website.

Also a new Who's Coming list has been posted as well.

http://eldoradocowboys.com/

http://eldoradocowboys.com/assets/applets/2018_MINI_MATCH__07.03.18.pdf

http://eldoradocowboys.com/assets/applets/2018_BP_MATCH_08.11.18.pdf

http://eldoradocowboys.com/assets/applets/WHO_IS_COMING_8.10.2018.pdf

On 8/13/2018 at 8:44 AM, Gawd Awful said:

Looks likes a fun night shoot 

Starting with our fantastic range in historic Boulder City Nevada with the Dam, Lake Mead, quaint little shops and our weekend sharing time with the Art in the Park event.

To our proximity to Las Vegas and all the dining, entertainment and excitement that is allowed by law.

From the moment folks arrive at the range - we hope we provide a fun, safe and memorable event for all.

Plenty of designated RV parking with gates opening on Wednesday for early arrivals.

Thursday - Side matches with true long range events and FOUR stage Mini Match

Thursday Evening - Cowboy Clays and then after dark - Movie Night on the Range (My Name is Nobody)

Friday - Six Main Match stages and Bar B Que Lunch from Fox BBQ.

Friday Evening - After dark - THREE stage Black Powder Mini Match

Saturday - Six Main Match stages

Saturday Evening - Eldorado Formal Awards Banquet and Great Eldorado Giveaway.

Banquet is at the beautiful Boulder Creek Country Club

Prime Rib carving stations

Carpeted floors (no formal dresses dragged in the dirt here)/ AC

Belt Buckles

State Championship Awards

Costume Contests

Sunday...  

Absolutely nothing - we understand that our shooters (and some of the Eldorado Board) may have to go back to work on Monday  - so we close our event Saturday night.

Without requiring a half day stay on Sunday for no other reason than to hand out awards.

If you've not yet made the decision to attend - we still have room for you.

I know I shouldn't say this, but Eldorado is the BEST match I've ever attended and I've been to a few! There are some really amazing matches but Eldorado is #1.

SO get  your applications in and if it's not the best match that you've attended you get your money back minus handling fee. Lol

39 minutes ago, Hells Comin said:

I know I shouldn't say this, but Eldorado is the BEST match I've ever attended and I've been to a few! There are some really amazing matches but Eldorado is #1.

SO get  your applications in and if it's not the best match that you've attended you get your money back minus handling fee. Lol

Um... No.

Well, unless the handling fee is EXACTLY equal to the match entry fee.

Hells Comin' is very kind and a great friend to myself and to the Eldorado Cowboys.

There are a lot of fantastic shoots in Cowboy.  My bucket list is replete with matches that I want to attend someday.  Many of them, I'm sure, are better than Eldorado.

But we do try very hard to put on the best matches we are capable of.

And if you don't enjoy our shoot; I can't promise you your money back, but I will listen to your issues and promise to always attempt to do better next year.

Archived