SASS Wire Forum

Favorite EOT Stage

Marauder SASS #13056

They were all good except the one I had a miss on, the one I couldn't get my reload in until after 3 tries and the one where my shotgun doubled on. Oh wait that didn't have anything to do with the stages, just me and my guns.  They were all good, Lassiter, Deuce, Misty and everyone involved in making this a great match.

Randy

4 hours ago, J-BAR #18287 said:

Are any videos posted yet?

Oh yes!                    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqrMMotXjNwc8rPsMSeONCw

5 hours ago, Smokestack SASS#87384 said:

There are tons of videos up on Facebook already. 

I’m sure, but I don’t do Facebook.

Though I don't do well at running, I really liked the one I got the "P" on, which I believe was stage 10. I posted the video on FB if you want to see it.

I liked it & intended to "burn it down", but then didn't move for the last 2 SG shots.

I'll bring you an EOT book with the stages to Doc Holliday. Or, to South River if you don't make Doc Holliday.

47 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

Though I don't do well at running, I really liked the one I got the "P" on, which I believe was stage 10. I posted the video on FB if you want to see it.

I liked it & intended to "burn it down", but then didn't move for the last 2 SG shots.

I'll bring you an EOT book with the stages to Doc Holliday. Or, to South River if you don't make Doc Holliday.

Hey Max

Stage 10 was one of my favorite stages also.  Five positions, must use at least four positions, rifle not last.  1-3-1 sweep per five from either end (as I remember..3 rifle targets center of position three, 3  pistol targets center of position 2 or 4, four  shotguns negotiable at 1/2 or 4/5). I shot left to right, P at 2, R at 3, shotgun at 4 then 5.

Note: this was my last stage of match...shoot clean..EXCEPT celebration a little premature as I did not check to see that hulls fall from shotgun on last two rounds at end of stage.  In my happy moment, I turned loose of shotgun at unloading table to show rifle clear....BINGO, hull in shotgun, + 10, MSV.  No White Buffalo for BB at EOT 2018. :wacko:  

They were all good but I did have two favorites, one of which was stage 10 mentioned above.  My other favorite was the stand and deliver in the train car.  A 10-10-6+ stage shot out of two windows.  Rifle and pistol order on 4 targets was: triple tap an inside target, sweep all 4 targets from either end, triple tap the other inside target.  An example would be 2,2,2,1,2,3,4,3,3,3.

The stage shot really well and is a nice variation on a 4 target setup.  We'll be shooting this stage at the Texas Ten Horns on July 7th and 8th.  Come join us!

2 minutes ago, Hairtrigger Hayes said:

They were all good but I did have two favorites, one of which was stage 10 mentioned above.  My other favorite was the stand and deliver in the train car.  A 10-10-6+ stage shot out of two windows.  Rifle and pistol order on 4 targets was: triple tap an inside target, sweep all 4 targets from either end, triple tap the other inside target.  An example would be 2,2,2,1,2,3,4,3,3,3.

The stage shot really well and is a nice variation on a 4 target setup.  We'll be shooting this stage at the Texas Ten Horns on July 7th and 8th.  Come join us!

Yep, very nice sequence for four targets.  Engaging (from one window) three shotguns placed to each side of big pistol targets (buffalo) seemed to be a slight challenge to some, but certainly doable.

Note: two windows to be used, all rounds per firearm fired from chosen window, no splits per windows.

OUCH! Sorry to hear it, Billy. I guess that matches my failing to move to shoot the last 2 shots. Good to finally meet you face to face!

25 minutes ago, Max Payne said:

OUCH! Sorry to hear it, Billy. I guess that matches my failing to move to shoot the last 2 shots. Good to finally meet you face to face!

Yep Max, goes to prove "it ain't over til it's over". Fortunately, the MSV was nOt my down fall in placing, juse no WHite Buffalo...."we don need no stinkn pins".. ;)

6 hours ago, Max Payne said:

Thanks, Max!

stage 10 was NOT my favorite

Marauder, I put my EOT book with my gear. All you have to do is remember to ask me for it, as I'm not sure I can remember that for a whole 2 weeks.

2 hours ago, Max Payne said:

Marauder, I put my EOT book with my gear. All you have to do is remember to ask me for it, as I'm not sure I can remember that for a whole 2 weeks.

Uh Oh.  I have to remember something?!!  :D:D

Archived