Jump to content
SASS Wire Forum

We need a sticky cartoon thread


Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, Marshal Mo Hare, SASS #45984 said:

8204DD72-2F44-4404-91D0-E3444FB578ED.jpeg

This reminds me of something that happened back in my youth.

 

It was muzzleloading season, and a friend of ours told us that we were welcome to hunt on his farm. There was lots of deer.

 

So we show up at his farm about an hour before sunup, in full camouflage, with our faces painted.

 

"How long will it take us to get back to the spot? Can we get there before sunup?"

 

We were ready TO HUNT!

 

He said we just needed to sit there on the back porch - he'd bring us out a couple of cups of coffee - and about 15 minutes after the sun comes up the deer would come out of the woods over there and walk across that open area to the cornfield over there. Lovely shot, maybe 70 yards long.

 

Somehow we thought that "deer hunting on the farm" was going to be different.

  • Like 4
  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Alpo said:

This reminds me of something that happened back in my youth.

 

It was muzzleloading season, and a friend of ours told us that we were welcome to hunt on his farm. There was lots of deer.

 

So we show up at his farm about an hour before sunup, in full camouflage, with our faces painted.

 

"How long will it take us to get back to the spot? Can we get there before sunup?"

 

We were ready TO HUNT!

 

He said we just needed to sit there on the back porch - he'd bring us out a couple of cups of coffee - and about 15 minutes after the sun comes up the deer would come out of the woods over there and walk across that open area to the cornfield over there. Lovely shot, maybe 70 yards long.

 

Somehow we thought that "deer hunting on the farm" was going to be different.

I can shoot a deer from my dining room door or patio dozens of times every season.  Have never done so, and won't unless I must to feed me & mine.  Pest removal is different.

  • Like 6
  • Thanks 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

In HELL, I WAS THERE, Elmer tells about keeping a loaded rifle next to the bed, and occasionally rolling over and shooting a deer out of the bedroom window.

 

Course, he was poor back then, when he just got married, so it wasn't sport hunting. Subsistence hunting.

  • Like 5
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 8/13/2023 at 1:50 PM, Subdeacon Joe said:

No photo description available.

At a StarBucks (TenBucks) many years ago, and I was up to order. "Coffee, Black."

 

Blank stare... "I don't know how to make that."

 

"Take the carafe, pour some in a cup. Done."

 

Blank stare... But she gets out a cup, grabs her pen... And then does not know what to write on the cup. :lol:

  • Haha 3
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, John Kloehr said:

At a StarBucks (TenBucks) many years ago, and I was up to order. "Coffee, Black."

 

Blank stare... "I don't know how to make that."

 

"Take the carafe, pour some in a cup. Done."

 

Blank stare... But she gets out a cup, grabs her pen... And then does not know what to write on the cup. :lol:

I had a similar experience in Minneapolis some years back.  Was helping son Chris move. He had borrowed a box van.  Pulled into a gas station to fill up.  I went in to get a cup of coffee.   It was just a gas station with some convenience items.  But they had a coffee bar.  Probably 10 different brews. Had a buffet counter with all kinds if sprinkles,  nuts, flavors,  creams.   I just wanted coffee.  I think I finally asked and was directed to it. 

  • Like 2
  • Sad 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

I know, right?  Go to a Starbucks with a friend; she wants blah blah blah blah two pumps blah blah.  They have no trouble with that.  Looks at me:  I want a cup of coffee.  Blank stare.

  • Haha 1
  • Sad 4
Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 minutes ago, MizPete said:

I know, right?  Go to a Starbucks with a friend; she wants blah blah blah blah two pumps blah blah.  They have no trouble with that.  Looks at me:  I want a cup of coffee.  Blank stare.

Tip I read somewhere, and I don't patronize them, when they ask your name say Trump, they have to call you for your order.

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 hours ago, Bad Bascomb, SASS # 47,494 said:

:ph34r:  

 

bmw.thumb.jpeg.747a3a9227b37a31a54ceba68f1cbf3e.jpeg

BMW = Break my window!

  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.687e5fb80d88fcf7ef8ca7e9a4c11b4e.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

image.png.960eb887155753043476e559e192e123.png

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.