SASS Wire Forum

We need a sticky cartoon thread

On 5/8/2023 at 1:30 PM, Cactus Jack Calder said:

The fellow with the cat is about what I sounded like

I never got that far.  When I had a yen to play the pipes Petey bought me a practice chanter.  That's when I found out reed instruments are not for me.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, MizPete said:

I never got that far.  When I had a yen to play the pipes Petey bought me a practice chanter.  That's when I found out reed instruments are not for me.

I no longer have the wind to play the pipes. I try to play a Native American  style of flute. It doesn’t take as much wind and I just noodle on it, not play written music. It all sounds like I know what I’m doing. I can make the flute from a PVC pipe and a small block of wood for a “Bird”. Look it up it’s fun and relaxing.

PM me if you are interested. We aren’t that far apart (~2 1/2 hours). I have nieces in Waxhaw, NC, so I get over that way once in a while.

CJ

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

344761918_678176057402152_7964456102853332287_n.jpg.b267f109e5db9abb99a478ad000fe2a6.jpg

BT, DT....  :rolleyes:

(Ceptin' it was a Marlin 336 ) ^_^

That is the reason you carry a pistol.

Some all-knowing all wise idiot said that the reason you carry your pistol is so you can fight your way to your rifle.

No. The reason you carry your pistol is so you have a gun. There's many things that require you to lay your rifle down. Chopping wood. Dressing the deer. Evacuating your bowels. But if you got a pistol in a holster underneath your arm, you can do all that and still have a gun. Sometimes it's very important that you still have a gun.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, Buckshot Bear said:

344761918_678176057402152_7964456102853332287_n.jpg.b267f109e5db9abb99a478ad000fe2a6.jpg

My dad did that when he took mom hunting & he yelled for her to hand him his gun & she told him to use his pee shooter...:lol::lol::lol::lol:...I can't remember ever laughing so hard.

Edited by Charlie T Waite
  • Like 1
  • Haha 6

1 minute ago, Charlie T Waite said:

My dad did that when he took mom hunting & he yelled for her to hand him his gun & she told him to use his pee shooter...:lol::lol::lol::lol:...I can't remember ever laughing so hard.

No that's a family heirloom story to pass down through the ages ! :) 

• Like 3
  • Haha 4

5 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Can't be a Marlin 336, doesn't have an ejection slot on the side.

I know.  Depicted is a Winchester '94.  Which is why I said "(Ceptin' it [mine!] was a Marlin 336 ) ^_^  :lol:

And to add insult to insult, some danged hummingbird decided to whip down from on high, hover in front of my nose, and severely scold me!  :(

This was about 1975, in the Mendocino National Forest, somewhere above Clearlake. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

On 5/10/2023 at 7:54 PM, Cactus Jack Calder said:

I try to play a Native American  style of flute.

I also have an ocarina but that doesn't mean I can play it.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4