SASS Wire Forum

We need a sticky cartoon thread

image.png.8f11acbeb7f035b7d4e79a252435b6c5.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Every homeowner has done this...

337419634_3430737263920596_5385169232238466646_n.jpg.6e5b01a6c7d57d5bdd3e8b3289a8607d.jpg

• Like 4
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

7 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

c1.jpg

I met a bloke who was crossbreeding French Bulldogs with Shihtzhus ..........

...... he sold the pups as "Bull Shihtz" and was getting $3,000 for each pup.  

:blush:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 1

That's weird. Believable, but weird.

I was reading something the other day. Why labradoodles are.

There was this blind woman. And she was allergic to dog hair. So she couldn't have a seeing eye dog. A friend of hers bred a Labrador with a poodle (because apparently poodles are non-allergenic) (I don't know why he didn't just get her a standard poodle to begin with, but maybe poodles are too stupid or high strung or something to work as a guide dog). And he ends up with a dog this is intelligent and is easy to work with as a Labrador, but didn't make her break out. Big win.

But he's still got the other seven dogs from the litter, and he can't even give them away, because they are "mutts".

So he told people they were labradoodles, and charged a bunch of money for them.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Also,

I don’t know about the story, one way or the other. However, we had a poodle because my wife had asthma and dog dander was a reactant for her. I was told, by the breeder that poodles don’t have fur they have hair. Whether that is true or not, my wife got along fine with the poodle in the house. We once visited a couple who had a black Labrador and she broke out in hives as well as having breathing issues. One of our nieces has a labradoodle and she had no problems with that dog.

CJ

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

10 hours ago, Alpo said:

(I don't know why he didn't just get her a standard poodle to begin with, but maybe poodles are too stupid or high strung or something to work as a guide dog)

Poodles are too obedient to be guide dogs.  If you tell them to cross the street, they will take you in front of the truck that is coming.

Labradoodles are still mutts and should sell for about $5.00. but they have caught on with the public and sell for many dollars.

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

5 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

Poodles are too obedient to be guide dogs.  If you tell them to cross the street, they will take you in front of the truck that is coming.

Labradoodles are still mutts and should sell for about $5.00. but they have caught on with the public and sell for many dollars.

They can be a challenge, and can tend to get sidetracked and fixate on something, but they are quite trainable and are in the top three service dogs according to https://www.dreamydoodles.com/pros-and-cons-of-poodles-as-service-dogs/

See also https://www.newlifek9s.org/news-events/blog/service-dog-blog.html/article/2020/12/11/service-dog-breed-spotlight-the-poodle

• Thanks 1