SASS Wire Forum

We need a sticky cartoon thread

19 minutes ago, Alpo said:

The guy on the right appears to be branding. But what's the guy on the left with the portable drill doing?

Ear Tag?

Although I would think there was a punch type device to attach the tag all in one audible CRUNCH.

CJ

I have been at several Brandings, and variously they also vaccinate, castrate and earmark.  I have seen vaccine guns, but never one with what appears to be a hose and the hint of a backpack. Curious!

Edited by Rip Snorter
Clarity

4 hours ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

December-10-2022-1024x1024.jpg

4 hours ago, Alpo said:

The guy on the right appears to be branding. But what's the guy on the left with the portable drill doing?

4 hours ago, Cypress Sun said:

Maybe his name is Anton.:ph34r:

4 hours ago, Cactus Jack Calder said:

Ear Tag?

Although I would think there was a punch type device to attach the tag all in one audible CRUNCH.

CJ

3 hours ago, Warden Callaway said:

Spraying for insect repellent. 

3 hours ago, Rex M Rugers #6621 said:

He may be the vaccinater .

2 hours ago, Rip Snorter said:

I have been at several Brandings, and variously they also vaccinate, castrate and earmark.  I have seen vaccine guns, but never one with what appears to be a hose and the hint of a backpack. Curious!

Cattle drench. .... for worms and other intestinal nasties.

... the backpack device immediately reloads the hand operated dispenser without having to refill every dose from another container.  Insect repellent is also available in a similar device.

:)

..... and his name may well be Anton   ;)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2

17 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

... the backpack device immediately reloads the hand operated dispenser without having to refill every dose from another container.  Insect repellent is also available in a similar device.

Out here, they have a dip sprayer in a chute for spraying.  Hadn't thought of that.

21 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

You shoot him with it, like you're spraying him down with a water gun? Or is it internal - you shove it up his nose or in his mouth before you pull the trigger? The spout doesn't look long enough to make shoving it up his butt worthwhile.