• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

image.png

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Happy Easter.gif

• Like 2
  • Thanks 4

May be an illustration of text that says 'LOOSE LOOSEPARTS PARTS QVEMAEX ម្រាង Blazck 7 don't think the new electric fence is engendering the fear we intended®'

• Haha 5

image.png

• Haha 3
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, Cold Lake Kid, SASS # 51474 said:

OHM Electrical Joke OHHHMMMM.jpg

aYy1KxO_700b.jpg.370e30f3333fb1e6a4b4697c1bf8e96c.jpg

Edited by Father Kit Cool Gun Garth
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

image.png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

image.png

• Haha 8

image.png

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Charlie T Waite said:

image.png

There's a problem with that theory. Vampires will not react well with silver. That's why you can't see them in the mirror - it's not that they don't have a reflection. Mirrors are backed with silver. Film uses silver. Because of this, vampires could not be photographed.

Now with digital photography they can be, but not with film.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2
  • Confused 1

56 minutes ago, Alpo said:

There's a problem with that theory. Vampires will not react well with silver. That's why you can't see them in the mirror - it's not that they don't have a reflection. Mirrors are backed with silver. Film uses silver. Because of this, vampires could not be photographed.

Picky...picky....picky. Another perfectly good conspiracy theory down the tubes.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 6

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

So a vampire can be seen in chrome? Or black patent leather shoes?

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1

2 hours ago, Alpo said:

Yep

You may be contagious, but your assertion about vampires made me curious, and I felt the need to investigate further. It seems the vampires we think of today stem from ancient balkan myth, as brought to us by Bram Stoker in Dracula. In the brief research I did, it seems that in that lore, the term applied to a host of un-dead entities, including werewolves, which, as we know, also have a connection with silver.

Interestingly, Chinese vampires of myth, called Jiangshi, fear seeing their reflection, which, by logical extension means they have a reflection to be seen. Of course, the question could be proffered as to whether the Chinese used silver for their mirrors, but as I see it this is a moot point, as I will explain below.

The constant in these myths is that the vampires are without a soul. For the Chinese Jiangshi, the mirror was a reminder they have no soul. For the vampires as we understand them, the silver in mirrors acts to hold and reflect ones' soul back to them. A vampire, having no soul, would have no reflection. This assertion is, of course, demonstrably false. As I was discussing the subject with my daughter to get a better understanding, she asserted the reflections of vampires cannot be seen "because they are soulless basta..." Well, you get the point. As she said this though, my immediate thought, defense, and reply was, "So are attorneys." As we in the legal field clearly have no problems seeing our reflections in mirrors, I consider your hypothesis refuted.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

What if those pictures were taken before they turned?

• Thanks 2
  • Haha 2

6 minutes ago, DocWard said:

You may be contagious, but your assertion about vampires made me curious, and I felt the need to investigate further. It seems the vampires we think of today stem from ancient balkan myth, as brought to us by Bram Stoker in Dracula. In the brief research I did, it seems that in that lore, the term applied to a host of un-dead entities, including werewolves, which, as we know, also have a connection with silver.

Interestingly, Chinese vampires of myth, called Jiangshi, fear seeing their reflection, which, by logical extension means they have a reflection to be seen. Of course, the question could be proffered as to whether the Chinese used silver for their mirrors, but as I see it this is a moot point, as I will explain below.

The constant in these myths is that the vampires are without a soul. For the Chinese Jiangshi, the mirror was a reminder they have no soul. For the vampires as we understand them, the silver in mirrors acts to hold and reflect ones' soul back to them. A vampire, having no soul, would have no reflection. This assertion is, of course, demonstrably false. As I was discussing the subject with my daughter to get a better understanding, she asserted the reflections of vampires cannot be seen "because they are soulless basta..." Well, you get the point. As she said this though, my immediate thought, defense, and reply was, "So are attorneys." As we in the legal field clearly have no problems seeing our reflections in mirrors, I consider your hypothesis refuted.

Think Feng shui.

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Crooked River Pete, SASS 43485 said:

What if those pictures were taken before they turned?

You mean that even though they are vampires, and thus are both undying and unaging, those pictures were taken before they were bitten and were still alive and able to reflect in silver?

237219584_Headscratching.gif.836fab5d9adc6c8fa0f88a35f4d85fec.gif

That's possible. Nodding.gif.d40d813e403abd55f8c8228f4bbc5182.gifThumbsup.gif.5070e03d64c7c5033a482596b2f18028.gif

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 3