SASS Wire Forum

We need a sticky cartoon thread

13 minutes ago, Sedalia Dave said:

Interesting. I missed a couple because of cultural differences. As I guessed from the double-decker bus, this was in England. One of the things wrong was there was no brakes on the bicycle. I'm used to coaster brakes.

One of the things listed was nothing to hold the bicycle up. There's a mud flap on the bottom of the front fender. This is to keep you from splashing mud on your shoes socks and pant legs. There is a bike stand that is shaped similar to that, although a bit larger, that goes on the back wheel. You lift your bike by the seat and rotate that stand down and it sits underneath the rear wheel. That's what I thought the mud flap was. My "oh there's something else that's wrong" was not that there was nothing to hold the bike up, but that the bike stand was on the front wheel instead of the back one.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Interesting. I missed a couple because of cultural differences. As I guessed from the double-decker bus, this was in England. One of the things wrong was there was no brakes on the bicycle. I'm used to coaster brakes.

One of the things listed was nothing to hold the bicycle up. There's a mud flap on the bottom of the front fender. This is to keep you from splashing mud on your shoes socks and pant legs. There is a bike stand that is shaped similar to that, although a bit larger, that goes on the back wheel. You lift your bike by the seat and rotate that stand down and it sits underneath the rear wheel. That's what I thought the mud flap was. My "oh there's something else that's wrong" was not that there was nothing to hold the bike up, but that the bike stand was on the front wheel instead of the back one.

I still don't get the no brakes thing. Coaster brakes would be hard to see in that detail. I have see lots of bikes with out hand brakes.

The front of the DD bus looks wrong but if you look at actual pictures of a 1960s DD bus it is actually correct.

Leyland Titan (front-engined double-decker) - Wikipedia

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

I still don't get the no brakes thing. Coaster brakes would be hard to see in that detail. I have see lots of bikes with out hand brakes

I think coaster brakes is a totally American thing. In Europe they all have hand brakes.

• Thanks 4

3 hours ago, Sedalia Dave said:

The point was to see how observant people are not how quick can they google the answers - GEEZ .... :rolleyes::lol:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, Cheyenne Ranger, 48747L said:

Pluggers Comic Strip for August 02, 2021

That reminds me of some cowboy shooters going from different positions on the stages! :lol:

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, Charlie T Waite said:

The point was to see how observant people are not how quick can they google the answers - GEEZ .... :rolleyes::lol:

After 20 minutes of only seeing 12 errors. I went in search of the answers. Took me about 30 minutes before I found the picture with the answers.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

I thought the point was to see how quickly Alpo picked it apart and questioned the answers?

Also the way of the wire...:lol::lol::lol::lol::P:rolleyes:

• Like 2