SASS Wire Forum

We need a sticky cartoon thread

May be a cartoon of text

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

If I was the disbursements officer, I would assume that every time somebody made a comment as I was counting, they were trying to make me lose count in the hope that they would end up with more money than they should get.

So every time he opened his mouth, I would start over.

20, 40, 60, 80,

IS THAT QUEEN ELIZABETH?

No. 20, 40, 60,

WOW! BARRY SADLER?

NO. 20, 40, 60, 80...

The people in line would start to get upset, and hopefully they would take it out on him.

"Jesus *******, shut the **** up and let the lieutenant do his job!?"

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I've owned a '69 Chevy, a '69 Ford, a '70 Buick and a '72 Buick.

That would be four vehicles, all close enough to 50 years ago for government work.

None of the four of them's owner's manual told how to adjust the valves.

Neither did the '65 International or the '64 Ford.

This leads me to believe that no 50-year-old automobile had this information and {IN, NOT AND, IN - YOU'RE REALLY STARTING TO ANNOY ME OTTO} the owner's manual.

Edited by Alpo
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Alpo said:

That would be four vehicles, all close enough to 50 years ago for government work.

This leads me to believe that no 50-year-old automobile had this information and the owner's manual.

Did you actually own them or read a story about owning them? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

56 minutes ago, Alpo said:

This leads me to believe that no 50-year-old automobile had this information and {IN, NOT AND, IN - YOU'RE REALLY STARTING TO ANNOY ME OTTO} the owner's manual

last car I know that had adj valves was Honda, they may still have them, but by the 60's most every one had gone to hydraulic, except motor cycles.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Hendo said:

Apparently there was nothing in the owner's manual about brake jobs, either.

Actually, there was nothing in the owner's manual about somebody coming the other way on a one-lane woods road, after dark, with her lights off.

Yeah, Allie. I was sad too. That car was only 7 years old.

• Sad 1

Look at the difference in how cars took impacts back then versus today. That car looked pretty good for a head-on, meaning the occupant took as much of the force as the car did. Today's cars completely disintegrate in a 30mph collision, which sucks for the car but makes it a lot more likely the occupant will walk away with little more than a sore neck.

• Like 3

My first car was a 1936 LaSalle straight 8 edan. i owned a 1934 12 cylinder Pierce Arrow opera town car with AC, a 1934 Lincoln KB 12 close coupled sedan, a 1940 Ford Deluxe V-8 woody, a  1942 Buick Straight 8 Formal sedan and a 1952 straight 8 Buick Roadmaster sedan with Dynaflow before I signed the articles to board the Marine Corps.

None of them explained how to do anything except how to drive safely. :wub:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

A lot of today's numbskulls couldn't even locate the battery.

Good piece of engineering to keep them from drinking from it!!!

Regards

:FlagAm:  :FlagAm:  :FlagAm:

Gateway Kid

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, Sixgun Sheridan said:

That car looked pretty good for a head-on, meaning the occupant took as much of the force as the car did.

Yep. I had to go out the window, because the front clip was pushed back over the edge of the front door, and I could not open it. But I was fine. Until the next day when the bruise on my collarbone from the shoulder harness started hurting. <_<

It was either 1850 or 1350 to fix it. It's been 40+ years, so I ain't exactly sure. I know it was $5 over the book value of the car, so they were going to scrap it, but I told them that I wanted it fixed, and they went ahead and did it. Then 3 years later some jerk ran out of a parking lot and t-boned me. I wasn't hurt then either. Gotta love that old Detroit iron.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Alpo said:

This leads me to believe that no 50-year-old automobile had this information and {IN, NOT AND, IN - YOU'RE REALLY STARTING TO ANNOY ME OTTO} the owner's manual.

1971 Bug Owner's Manual did.

Along with how to adjust the carburetor, fan belt, Spark Plug, Timing, Points, Headlght aiming, and a whole lot more.

Valve adjustment is on pg 64

Edited by Sedalia Dave
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 4

attachment(7).jpg.0241fb088f3f2d2da6908a4eb9491350.jpg.d4bf9cf3ce456343d4289442c610c7e4.jpg

I thought that was a funny cartoon, which was why I posted it. But that was actually real. They didn't call it taxation. They called it Dane Geld.

The Vikings would show up in Paris. The French would give them money to go away and not burn the town and rape anybody, and the Vikings would {sale} SAIL off. And they did this every year. And not just in Paris. If the town was large enough, they would show up, collect their bribe, and leave.

Today they call it the protection racket.

Edited by Alpo
otto is confused by homonyms
  • Like 4