SASS Wire Forum

We need a sticky cartoon thread

6 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

Har~!  :lol:

Back about fourteen or fifteen years ago I posted that picture on the Wire.  It seems there were a bunch of "cowboys" haranguing about rules interpretations and such, and a few of 'em were becoming real pills.  (And as we all know, a "pill" is something hard to take! )

Sooo.... I posted a short message, Introducing Marshall Turk, and proposing the formation of a new sub-group in SASS ~ the Grand Old Brotherhood of Bunkhouse Lawyers, Esq, or G.O.B.B.L.E.   ^_^

Marshall Turk was to be the official Spokesturkey and mascot of the organization.  

Somehow I don't think the windbags appreciated it, but they at least shut up for a short spell.  :rolleyes:

Well then how's this one:

No photo description available.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, John Kloehr said:

That took a bit of searching... now I know what these are.

Actually found the photo quicker than getting mine and taking a photo of it. Mine is a P-51, the larger one. Little one tears your fingers up, especially guys with large fingers.:lol:

• Like 1

Image may contain: text that says 'Make sure to bring up politics at Thanksgiving this month to save on Christmas gifts.'

Also

Argue.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Smoken D said:

Actually found the photo quicker than getting mine and taking a photo of it. Mine is a P-51, the larger one. Little one tears your fingers up, especially guys with large fingers.:lol:

I knew what they were. I just don't get the joke. I've heard them call John Waynes, so I suppose it could be some kind of Pilgrim thing, but it was three days before Thanksgiving, and Pilgrim was kind of a stretch, and I still didn't get it.

So help a fellow out here. Why is that funny?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Alpo said:

I knew what they were. I just don't get the joke. I've heard them call John Waynes, so I suppose it could be some kind of Pilgrim thing, but it was three days before Thanksgiving, and Pilgrim was kind of a stretch, and I still didn't get it.

Look at the preceding post for context. 

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Alpo said:

"The soda pop board of America"?

I'm guessing this is a parody ad.

I was thinking it’s more like when wine makers tell you wine every day is good for you. Or I know since they have legalized weed here in Mi allot of people claim it cures everything. 

8 hours ago, Alpo said:

What OH said.

21 hours ago, Alpo said:

"The soda pop board of America"?

I'm guessing this is a parody ad.

Well WHILE doing a little research, I found this.

https://rjwhite.tumblr.com/post/472668874/fact-checking

The man that wrote that parody ad for a college class.

Edited by Alpo
  • Thanks 1

Christmas-Is-Cancelled.jpg

• Haha 2

Image may contain: text that says 'sun-gazing.comm AMEN WE SHOULD SEE A DECLINE IN HOME INVASIONS EVERYONE IS HOME WITH GUNS AND ENOUGH BLEACH AND PAPER TOWELS TO CLEAN UP THE SCENE'

• Like 3
  • Haha 5

image.png

• Haha 3

image.png

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

Image may contain: sky and outdoor, text that says 'Charmin'

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

Image may contain: one or more people, meme and dog, text that says 'sO I'VE BEEN BARKING FOR 20 MINUTES AND YOU KEEP TELLING ME το SHUT UP AND YOU KEEP IGNORING E.......ANYWAY YOUR CAR IS GONE!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

Untitled.jpg

• Haha 4

Of course I have this on the refrigerator:lol:

004.JPG

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Image may contain: text that says 'Picked up my new 6ft personal space stick today.'

• Like 2
  • Haha 5

No photo description available.

• Like 2

Image may contain: text that says 'SHERIFF Now I know the varmint deserves, hangin, but that's for the law to decide, not boys- You aughta beashamed Hold it right there, boys! SHERIFF SHERIEE okay. But Well, this is the laşt trme, dang it!'

• Like 1
  • Haha 6

Image may contain: text that says 'TOUCH MY COFEEE I WILL SLAP YOU,SO HARD EVEN GOOGLE WON'T BE ABLE TO FIND YOU'

• Like 1
  • Haha 5