SASS Wire Forum

We need a sticky cartoon thread

Image may contain: text that says 'He was about 5' 7" wearing orange, smells like beer, and he shot a gun at me.'

• Haha 6

9 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

................ ya knoe,  ........  that cut down sidebyside would get him 14 years in the gerybar hotel ..... just for having it.

............. more if'n he was to commit a crime using it.

............... actually he only had to be in posession of it whilst comitting a crime ..... even if he didn't use it.

If possessing it would get him 14 years, then obviously possessing it is a crime.

Would not make sense then, that possessing it would be "committing a crime while in possession of it"?

I use that argument a few years ago but nobody seemed to think it was viable. Here in Florida we have what they call 10/20/life. Being in possession of a gun when you committed crime will get you a mandatory 10 years in jail. no possibility of parole, no possibility of a lighter sentence.

In the US, it is illegal for a convicted felon to touch a firearm. You can't just not own it, you can't just not carry it. You can't handle it. That is "convicted felon in possession of a firearm" and is a crime in and of itself.since you are committing a crime once you pick up the gun, it seems to me that you would be using a gun while in the commission of a crime, which would get you a mandatory 10 years.

Doesn't seem to work that way.

6 hours ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

............... actually he only had to be in posession of it whilst comitting a crime ..... even if he didn't use it.

What ya'll are forgetting is that he was the law 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

dirty copper.jpg

• Haha 3

image.png

• Like 3

image.png

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 5

Image may contain: one or more people, text that says 'EVERYTHING WILL KILL YOU 00 so CHOOSE SOMETHING FUN'

• Like 3

Image may contain: text that says 'Rare barn find. Anyone know the year? A'

• Like 1
  • Haha 5

Image may contain: text that says 'IMTHANKFUL FOR MY FAMILY AND FRIENDS... FOR THIS MEAL... ..AND THATI SAW WHICH PART OFTHE TURKEY THE DoG WAS LICKING...'

• Haha 6

Image may contain: 1 person, text that says 'I put this on my coffee table when I leave my apartment in case anyone breaks in. It's the first thing they see.'  I Am Old.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

image.png

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2

P-51.jpg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

Biker Chicks.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Thanksgiving.jpg

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Image may contain: one or more people

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

This is as true today as it was back when John Wayne recorded it before he died.

Many need to listen and heed this true message. - Charlie

Edited by Charlie T Waite
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Charlie T Waite said:

Image may contain: one or more people

Har~!  :lol:

Back about fourteen or fifteen years ago I posted that picture on the Wire.  It seems there were a bunch of "cowboys" haranguing about rules interpretations and such, and a few of 'em were becoming real pills.  (And as we all know, a "pill" is something hard to take! )

Sooo.... I posted a short message, Introducing Marshall Turk, and proposing the formation of a new sub-group in SASS ~ the Grand Old Brotherhood of Bunkhouse Lawyers, Esq, or G.O.B.B.L.E.   ^_^

Marshall Turk was to be the official Spokesturkey and mascot of the organization.  

Somehow I don't think the windbags appreciated it, but they at least shut up for a short spell.  :rolleyes:
  • Haha 7

50 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

that was on the old "political fire" ...... right?

Nope.  Just the reg'lar "wire."  'Twarn't a political topic... just a bunch o' "know-it-alls" who thought they knew it all.  ^_^

Now, for what it's worth, I only ventured into the "political fire" twice, just to see what it was about.  The first time out of curiosity... the second and last just to confirm that my eyes had not deceived me the first time.

That place was NUTS!  :blink:

• Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Wallaby Jack, SASS #44062 said:

....... it only took me ONE visit for me to work that out ..... :blink:

Ya know what that reminded me of...?

I learned too late that there's an old saying, "Never hang wallpaper with a spouse!"  :P

I did THAT just once, too.  In an instant, the now-former-missus-Hardpan transformed from Nurse Jekyll to Ms Hyde...  I lasted maybe five minutes, then remembered an urgent commitment elsewhere.  Boy, was I lucky to escape!    alien.gif

• Like 1