SASS Wire Forum

Study Finds Fewer People Willing to Answer Questions about Gun Ownership

Charlie T Waite

Study Finds Fewer People Willing to Answer Questions about Gun Ownership

With all of the push to register and grab by the liberals, is it any wonder??

I make it a POINT to lie and obfuscate ANYTIME that I'm asked these questions by anyone I don't know!!

My Doctor has asked several times if I have guns, I always say NO. Then she says "I thought you did Cowboy Action Shooting". I reply I do! And leave it at that! I figure if some pollster asks and you admit to it, someone will soon be at your door.:(

If you have ever bought a gun at a store, THEY already know you have a gun. Thinking that if you tell someone and then people will be at your door looking for them is just so much paranoia. Do you REALLY think no one in authority knows you own guns? Really? I don't blab to everyone I know about my guns, but I have bought too many guns, ammo, reloading components, shooting accessories, memberships and such for me to even remotely think that no one knows I have guns.

1 hour ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

If you have ever bought a gun at a store, THEY already know you have a gun. Thinking that if you tell someone and then people will be at your door looking for them is just so much paranoia. Do you REALLY think no one in authority knows you own guns? Really? I don't blab to everyone I know about my guns, but I have bought too many guns, ammo, reloading components, shooting accessories, memberships and such for me to even remotely think that no one knows I have guns.

The fact that I have bought a gun or guns does NOT automatically mean that I still possess any guns. Someone posing as a pollster could easily add two and two, find your residence and then break in and steal those guns at a later time.  NOT PARANOIA!!  Just prudent control of personal information.  

When you state that "THEY already know you have a gun." You're manifesting a little paranoia of your own, apparently assuming that some government or private entity already has access to and possession of the information you provide when making a purchase. I'm not saying that they don't!  I'm just pointing out that said information is NOT SUPPOSED TO BE in anyone's direct control, (filed or computerized for instant acquisition)!!

AND!!!  Just because you're paranoid does NOT mean that they're not after ya'!!! :rolleyes: :lol: 

I have a friend who I shoot with, and he won't join anything, not the local gun club, nor the NRA, as he thinks it will get him on a "list", even though he has bought at least 6 guns through a gun shop. That to me is just silly, and seems to me, pretty ignorant of how much info the government already has on all of us. But what do I know, I put NRA stickers on my truck. I am a gun owner and a proud NRA member, and if it gets my truck keyed, so much the better. I don't hide well.  As for Pollsters, I don't tell any of them anything, whether is has to do with guns or just local politics. As for the Doctor's forms, when it asks about firearms, I just put N/A.

Archived