SASS Wire Forum

WTC Answered - thanks

Yusta B.

Stage instructions. Place 7 shots on each of 3 targets using rifle & pistols. Stage requires 1 reload of  either R or P.

Shooter hits 1st target 7 times,  hits 2nd target 5 times & misses it twice. Shooter then hits second target twice, total of 7 hits. Shooter then hits 3rd target 5 times including 1 reload. 21 shots total fired.

Ruling please.

21 minutes ago, Yusta B. said:

Stage instructions. Place 7 shots on each of 3 targets using rifle & pistols. Stage requires 1 reload of  either R or P.

Shooter hits 1st target 7 times,  hits 2nd target 5 times & misses it twice. Shooter then hits second target twice, total of 7 hits. Shooter then hits 3rd target 5 times including 1 reload. 21 shots total fired.

Ruling please.

Two misses.
Since there was no "order of engagement" (round count only) other than 7 on each of the three targets, the "misses" are unassigned to a specific target.

Thanks all. That would have been my call but I wasn't there (EOT)

2 hours ago, Phantom, SASS #54973 said:

I love how some folks love to inject intent when it comes to determining any penalties.

Phantom

Yep - should maybe be the first statement in the shooters manual. THERE IS NO INTENT.

I'm thinking this requires at least another twenty posts just to determine if the two misses on the second target were intentionally done to improve the shooter's time!

Archived