SASS Wire Forum

Nevada Turtle RIP

Flying W Ramrod

Long time SASS shooter and All Around great guy, Nevada Turtle moved to the Golden Hills yesterday.

If you knew him, you'll miss him. If you didn't know him, you missed out on meeting a grand guy.

Had the pleasure of shooting  with him a time or 2, fun to be around

That's some sad news.  Anita and I haven't seen Turtle for several years but recall that he always had a kind word and a smile.  We will remember him fondly.

Jackalope

We have fond memories of Turtle - always fun to be around him at the monthly and annual matches.  He will be missed.  RIP

Nyack Jack & Lady Gambler

Hello the Fire,

One of my personal best friends has moved on to BIG Round up in the Sky. I will miss seeing and shooting with you pard. See you at the Big Round Up in the Sky.

Miss ya PARD, so does Etta Torial.

Prayers for his family.

B)B)B)

RIP, my friend. NT was a fun loving, adventurous guy who always had a story to tell about some shooter that would leave us all laughing. So I'll relate one I remember about him. I believe it was 2010 when he came to Verde Valley Range Wars, our annual. Knowing that the range was on 89A between Cottonwood & Sedona, he drove his motorhome, pulling a toad, to Prescott, found 89A and headed north towards Cottonwood, Thing about that stretch of road is that it has VERY tight turns and leads into Jerome, AZ. That weekend there was a big biker celebration in Jerome & the place was packed. Jerome is a place with EXREMELY tights turns. When those bikers saw him coming they sorta' panicked when they saw that big ol' motorhome lookin' liked it was gonna' take out all their double parked rides. A half a dozen or more riders carefully guided Turtle through the maze, moving bikes when necessary. When he got to the range he was laughing about "just following a map" & not knowing what he'd gotten into.  If ya' know NT, you'll know how hilarious was the story he told!

Shot with him, in Mission B.C. Canada some years back enjoyed the time with him ...

He wasn't afraid to come to Canada and shoot with us ...

My boys picked Blackberries for our whole posse, a bowl full for each Nevada Turtle got a kick out of that ...

And called the boys "His little Buddies" for the rest of the shoot...

Jabez Cowboy

Will miss him. My favorite memory of him is when my dad asked me to give NT his favorite tie slide - a hand crafted silver and turquoise turtle.  The look on NT’s face was one of delight.  He immediately took his old one off his kerchief and put on the turtle. He had that thing on every time I saw him after that.  We’ll be looking for you down the road pard.

TTB

I remember Nevada Turtle.  He was my posse leader at WR '09.  My first, and so far only one I went to.  Very pleasant man, had an easy going vibe about him, and was very smooth about keeping a chill vibe going on our posse.  

Howdy all,

I got this from Toni Two Bits through Dutch Dalton.

Jasper,

Got a call from Toni Penner today, confirming the results of Turtle's autopsy.
Toni asked that we inform the cowboy community.

Though he had called them that Thursday saying he felt better,
by the evening he decided to call for an ambulance. 
Shortly after he contacted a neighbor, who upon checking on him minutes later,
found him unresponsive. 

The infection which caused the sepsis is unknown, but caused his passing
early that Friday morn. 

Toni wished the fellowship to know that the family has not organized a memorial 
as yet, and thus far have decided to keep his cowboy gear.

Respectfully yours,
Dutch Dalton
SASS L44089

Archived