SASS Wire Forum

Cheap DIY Dillon Powder Measure Up Grade

Tater Head

I saw a really clever way to up grade your Dillon powder measure on the internet (Not my idea). Instead of using a wrench to adjust your powder charge you turn a cheap plastic knob to increase or decrease your charge. Home Depot sells the knob for $1.09 each. Five minute installation.

I have nothing to gain just want to pass this on to anyone interested. 

PM me with your email for Item numbers and photos. I am not smart enough to post pics.

Tater

1 minute ago, Catlow4697 said:

Not a good idea if you have kids that like to play with things 

I spent the extra money for more charge bars and swap them out instead of readjusting for different loads

Then lock the door to the loading room. 

Teach them about 'hands-off'.........

OLG

Hey Lumpy, That is an awesome tool. I have several measures and am a real cheap skate. I do like yours better than mine.

Catlow, I have several guns in the same caliber and different loads for some of them. Like I said, I am cheap. Lol !

That looks like a good alternative to the micrometer one that UniqueTec sells. I do not change my settings very often , but that would be handy enough to spring for one anyway.

Neat stuff abounds on the SASS wire.:lol:

Rex :D

I just bought a few of these for my powder measures: /www.amazon.com/ARMANOV-Clickable-Precision-Adjustment-Assembly/dp/B077J5DVRP/ref=sr_1_10?ie=UTF8&qid=1529690648&sr=8-10&keywords=dillon+650

Two small set screws attach them to the powder measure.  You don't have to pull it apart.

Archived