SASS Wire Forum

Pipes....

Dorado

Been looking for a good pipe tobacco. I have one I like but at $30 a can if I can find it is a bit ridiculous. Was wondering what y'all would suggest for an over the counter source. 

I only really smoke my pipe while fishing or camping. Usually with chilled Bulliet Bourbon in the other hand.

8 hours ago, Dorado said:

Been looking for a good pipe tobacco. I have one I like but at $30 a can if I can find it is a bit ridiculous. Was wondering what y'all would suggest for an over the counter source. 

I only really smoke my pipe while fishing or camping. Usually with chilled Bulliet Bourbon in the other hand.

If you can make it to Colorado, I'm sure they have  many different brands....

Texas Lizard

22 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Texas Lizard

Yeah....no.

47 minutes ago, Texas Lizard said:

Texas Lizard

But you can only smoke it in your residence. Nit while fishing. :rolleyes:

Yeah! UB knows these things!

26 minutes ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Back some 50 years ago when I was still smoking my pipe usually had Borkum Riff tobacco from Denmark.  It was mild, not too expensive, and smelled good.

With the sailin' ship on the label...?  :)

That was one of my favorites... some forty-five years ago.  ^_^

12 hours ago, Hardpan Curmudgeon SASS #8967 said:

With the sailin' ship on the label...?  :)

That was one of my favorites... some forty-five years ago.  ^_^

Yup. Me too.

13 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Back some 50 years ago when I was still smoking my pipe usually had Borkum Riff tobacco from Denmark.  It was mild, not too expensive, and smelled good.

I never smoked but my Dad smoked Borkum Riff and my bus driver smoked Captain Black. They both smelled pretty good to me.

I tried some cheap whiskey cavendish. Couldn't enjoy it. No taste, no aroma, nothing. I'll look for that Borkum Riff.

On 6/20/2018 at 10:10 PM, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

+1. 

.......It's been 30 years for me, but YES, if you can still find it.  Haven't checked in 29 years.

Ahh yes Sail pipe tobacco

And Middleton Cherry Blend

She-Who-Must-Be-Obeyed loved the smell, but I decided to quit 43 years ago when she got pregnant and I've stayed clean since then, in spite of the temptation.

I quit when I turned 60, but back in the day I preferred Flying Dutchman.  I haven't seen it in years.

Captain Black Royal was my next favorite, followed by Borkum Riff.

Sometimes I would like to light up a pipe again, but I never could smoke intermittently and don't want to smoke full time again.

Duffield

6 hours ago, Duffield, SASS #23454 said:

I quit when I turned 60, but back in the day I preferred Flying Dutchman.  I haven't seen it in years.

Captain Black Royal was my next favorite, followed by Borkum Riff.

Sometimes I would like to light up a pipe again, but I never could smoke intermittently and don't want to smoke full time again.

Duffield

I smoke only occasionally. Maybe once a month if that. Usually only when fishing or camping. I do like a cigar every now and then while at a shoot.

Archived