SASS Wire Forum

Are You Experienced? The GunBroker Webby

South-Eye Ned

Has anyone here (as opposed to over there) had any good or bad experiences with buying firearms through gunbroker.com?  Please,  enlighten me.

I haven't been on Gunbroker in the past year or so, but in the past I have purchased twice through the website. The only problem I experienced was on my end - at the last minute, my regular FFL decided that he would no longer accept shipments from private individuals. Had to do a bit of a scramble to change arrangements, but all went well after that. Before you close the deal, be sure to check the fine print in the ad to see whether the shipment will be from FFL or from private, then make sure your local FFL will accept. Otherwise, check the seller's rating and any comments, and ask questions of the seller if there is anything you don't understand. As always, keep to the rule: "If in doubt, don't!"

CS

Ah, thanks, Count Sandor.  Your words are sage advice.

7 minutes ago, J Bar Binks, #47015 said:

105 transactions, both as buyer and seller - no problems at all. A few others on gunauction.com, also no problems.

Much gratitude for your confession, J Bar.

I have found several deals on used guns (and new), read fine print, as sellers differ in rather they except US Postal Money Orders or Credit Cards. Some offer free use of a credit card, others charge up to three percent for use. Don't be in a hurry, as some wait seven days after receiving funds to ever ship. I've had some good and real slow receiving FFL (one was working out of his residence, FFL). Some of the photos could be a lot better and some will not let you enlarge them, so make sure you ask question before biding. I really like the way you can select new only, or used only and no reserve. When you search for a gun, remember that paid listing come up first, so you may go thru one or hundreds of listing before you get to the non-paid listing (this is where I seem to find the bargains). I did order a used shotgun for my grandson for Christmas, even when the seller did everything he could to get in the mail it was past Christmas before I received it.

I bought a pair Great Western Alchimista II 1873 Revolver in .357 like new (only test fired) in original boxes, including action job, and installation of lighter springs (He paid $300 for both guns), for $999 plus $45 for shipping and $20 for my FFL, total $1064. $532 less $150 means I paid $382 each before action jobs (each). No one else bid, it was right before Christmas and I can only guess that buyers weren't looking for Cowboy Action Guns at the time of year.

You can put ads in your watch list and follow for weeks or months and then see what that gun is selling for (highs and lows).

Under Firearms there or four listing: Cowboy Action Shooting (mostly pistols), Shotguns, Pistols and Rifles. If you don’t know exactly what gun you want can be a little difficult. At the time I didn’t know what kind of shotgun I wanted. Example: I search shotguns, double barrel shotguns, side by side shotguns; from there you can choose Manufacture (I didn’t know), Model ((I didn’t know), Barrel Length (I didn’t know, I knew I could cut it down), Gauge 12 GA, (Then I selected Sorted By Price: Low to High. As of today there or 1558 to choose from; starting at $.01 to $25,000 and then starting over again at $.01 to $29,995, a shotgun for everyone.

There is an app for you smart phone that will differ from what’s listed above. Disclaimer: I do live in the county of Texas, so I can buy anything I want.

I have not had a bad experience on GunBroker.com and will continue to use this auction site. Any questions, do ask!

Have three good experiences as a buyer.  One very bad expereince as a seller.  Purchaser didn't send enough money and demanded that I violate Federal law in shipping a handgun out of state directly to him.  I refused and returned his money.  It took about three months of dealing with gunbrooker to get everything straightened out and my Feedback rating repaired.

51 minutes ago, Aggie Bill said:

I have found several deals on used guns (and new), read fine print, as sellers differ in rather they except US Postal Money Orders or Credit Cards. Some offer free use of a credit card, others charge up to three percent for use. Don't be in a hurry, as some wait seven days after receiving funds to ever ship. I've had some good and real slow receiving FFL (one was working out of his residence, FFL). Some of the photos could be a lot better and some will not let you enlarge them, so make sure you ask question before biding. I really like the way you can select new only, or used only and no reserve. When you search for a gun, remember that paid listing come up first, so you may go thru one or hundreds of listing before you get to the non-paid listing (this is where I seem to find the bargains). I did order a used shotgun for my grandson for Christmas, even when the seller did everything he could to get in the mail it was past Christmas before I received it.

I bought a pair Great Western Alchimista II 1873 Revolver in .357 like new (only test fired) in original boxes, including action job, and installation of lighter springs (He paid $300 for both guns), for $999 plus $45 for shipping and $20 for my FFL, total $1064. $532 less $150 means I paid $382 each before action jobs (each). No one else bid, it was right before Christmas and I can only guess that buyers weren't looking for Cowboy Action Guns at the time of year.

You can put ads in your watch list and follow for weeks or months and then see what that gun is selling for (highs and lows).

Under Firearms there or four listing: Cowboy Action Shooting (mostly pistols), Shotguns, Pistols and Rifles. If you don’t know exactly what gun you want can be a little difficult. At the time I didn’t know what kind of shotgun I wanted. Example: I search shotguns, double barrel shotguns, side by side shotguns; from there you can choose Manufacture (I didn’t know), Model ((I didn’t know), Barrel Length (I didn’t know, I knew I could cut it down), Gauge 12 GA, (Then I selected Sorted By Price: Low to High. As of today there or 1558 to choose from; starting at $.01 to $25,000 and then starting over again at $.01 to $29,995, a shotgun for everyone.

There is an app for you smart phone that will differ from what’s listed above. Disclaimer: I do live in the county of Texas, so I can buy anything I want.

I have not had a bad experience on GunBroker.com and will continue to use this auction site. Any questions, do ask!

Ah, solid good advice from the gig 'em one from Baytown.  I would hook 'em, but I'm working now. Thanks, Aggie (gulp) Bill! 

My brother has purchased several long guns on Buds Guns with no problems. I havent bought any on line so I only speak second hand . But I have known him all my life and the boy dont lie to me. 

FWIW

Imis

I have bought Over 30 guns off of gunbroker and only had one problem. I won the bid on an 1878 Remington hammered side x side. It had been listed wrong and I won at a ridiculously low price. First the seller wouldnt answer emails, then his sister answered and said he was in the hospital, this went on for two months after he received payment, then suddenly I got an email stating that it was part of an estate sale and had been damaged in moving and that I would be receiving a refund. Short of it, seller was full of bs . I saw the same shotgun listed again later. He was out of Colorado wish I could find the paperwork. However I did as always do a review.  ALWAYS read the reviews.

Archived