SASS Wire Forum

Eldorado 2018

Creeker, SASS #43022

Eldorado 2018 - Gunfights in the streets of Eldorado

The Eldorado Cowboys are proud to present the 2018 SASS Nevada State Championship of Cowboy Action Shooting.

October 4th, 5th & 6th, 2018 in historic Boulder City Nevada.

http://eldoradocowboys.com/

This years match will be a full throttle - up close and fast - run your guns match.

Full slate of side matches including true rifle caliber long range events.

Speed Pistol/ Rifle/ Shotgun

22 caliber rifle/ pistol 

Pocket pistol/ Derringer

Long range pistol caliber 

The Hickok shot

Cowboy Clays

FOUR stage mini match

Movie night on the range

12 stages of BIG & CLOSE main match

Fox Barbeque lunch on Friday

Costume contests - on range and banquet

Formal awards banquet at the beautiful Boulder Creek country club Saturday night

The Great Eldorado Giveaway during the awards banquet (Starline brass, Missouri bullet, Sportsman Warehouse gift certificates) - everyone is eligible, no added tickets to buy.

Plates are minimally 16x16.  Some 24x24.  A 48x36 half moon.  And some coyotes that are cut from 48x48 plates.

Main match includes a moving target for pistol and rifle.

The famous hallway stage

We will be shooting thru jail cell bars and the suits on 4x8 ft. playing cards.

Knocking down a door and flipping over a card table.

Plenty of movement - but ZERO track and field events (individual movements will be held to 3- 4 paces wherever possible)

Multiple shooters choice stages for firearms order

Multiple shooters choice stages for direction of movement

Most stages are 4 + shotgun - with a smattering of 6 + shotgun thrown in.

No repeated sequences

Varied starting gun and orders.

Zero prop carrying or manipulations to affect match times - this is a full throttle match and every shooters results will be wholly based on their abilities to run their guns.

Main match stages will be posted on the website very soon for shooter review.

Eldorado 2018 

Be fast and become a legend

Be slow and become a memory

Applications and details available on our website

http://eldoradocowboys.com/html/eldorado.html

We've got our apps in. Happened to be up that way over the weekend and swung by to locate the range. Now we just wait for October.

Barry Sloe

On 6/18/2018 at 2:38 PM, Barry Sloe said:

We've got our apps in. Happened to be up that way over the weekend and swung by to locate the range. Now we just wait for October.

Barry Sloe

As we finalize the stages; final read thru is Friday evening (stages will posted shortly after that), we realize how quickly October is coming.  

Thank you for your applications.  Looking forward to seeing you on the range.

Hi Creeker,

I'd really like to attend again. I had a great time the last time I went, which was 2006. Wow! That 12 years flew. I did shoot with Charming and her hubby at Robber's Roost not too long ago.

My sister-in-law :wub: is moving to Henderson ASAP (escrow on both houses hasn't closed). As soon as she is settled, I will talk to her about staying with her. She has already told me I was welcome any time when I mentioned your match to her. She has been to three SASS matches (Merlin for Oregon State, Chorro W. Regional, and RR Bar W. Regional)  and enjoyed herself.

Hope to see you again this year.

Regards,

Allie Mo

A bunch of us from the Prescott area will be mailing our apps this week. If you need me to be a PM let me know, glad to help out anyway I can.

TB

1 hour ago, Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118 said:

A bunch of us from the Prescott area will be mailing our apps this week. If you need me to be a PM let me know, glad to help out anyway I can.

TB

Definitely need one to replace that Shooting Bull character they keep digging up. :wacko:

6 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hi Creeker,

I'd really like to attend again. I had a great time the last time I went, which was 2006. Wow! That 12 years flew. I did shoot with Charming and her hubby at Robber's Roost not too long ago.

My sister-in-law :wub: is moving to Henderson ASAP (escrow on both houses hasn't closed). As soon as she is settled, I will talk to her about staying with her. She has already told me I was welcome any time when I mentioned your match to her. She has been to three SASS matches (Merlin for Oregon State, Chorro W. Regional, and RR Bar W. Regional)  and enjoyed herself.

Hope to see you again this year.

Regards,

Allie Mo

Henderson...  Makes her neighbors with Charming, JD Nevada and my clan as well.

Be great to have you join us.  

This year should be another fun one.

5 hours ago, Turquoise Bill, SASS #39118 said:

TB

I will forward your kind offer to Charming and JD.

(I am not allowed to set up the posses or assign posse Marshal's; something to do with Shooting Bull or Gawd Awful, I think)

Looking forward to seeing (and getting our butts kicked by) the whole Arizona contingent again real soon.

Creeker, 

That cast of dysfunctional characters appears a number of matches, Gawd Awful has taken to coming up to shoot with us Whiskey Row Gunslingers here in Prescott, something about being 110° down in Phoenix. Looking forward to a great time up at your match. Shooting Bull is always a hoot!

TB

5 hours ago, Shooting Bull said:

Does she give good hugs? :wub:

Did you warn her about Ace of Hearts? :lol:

I don't know about the hugs; but she has two children. ;) She is a widow.

She was put a bit aback on meeting Ol No. 4 for the first time; but she decided he was okay. After that, I doubt AoH would phase her.

1 hour ago, Creeker, SASS #43022 said:

Henderson...  Makes her neighbors with Charming, JD Nevada and my clan as well.

Be great to have you join us.  

This year should be another fun one.

Thank you! I hope to see y'all then!

47 minutes ago, Palo Verde, SASS # 56522 said:

Eldorado! Always one of the finest matches. :)

You flatterer, I knew there was a reason we kept inviting you back.  

And this year will be the first October state championship match that our sincere efforts at differentiating Eldorado and Dam Site from each other in style and philosophy should be obvious.

Eldorado has always been known as a fast shoot; but we are hoping this year to move to the next level of fast.  

We have cleaned up movements, distances, sequences; all with an eye on living up to that "Drag Race" moniker I have been advertising.

We have relegated the prop manipulations and transporting to our " Old School" style match in May. 

We have dug the biggest targets we own out of our storage units, and will be setting them close, all to create a full throttle shooting environment.

Not Bordertown; there is only one Bordertown and we are not it.

But we will do our best to emulate some of the high speed fun that makes Bordertown special; while retaining the things that make Eldorado, Eldorado.

I think this should be a fun one.

Look forward to seeing everyone there.

On 6/21/2018 at 4:55 PM, Don Coyote, SASS #63736 said:

Squeaky & I will be sending in our apps as soon as we get home from EOT! Great Match!!

DC

We appreciate that very much.  Thank you for the kind words.

The Board of Eldorado Cowboys had our final match stage walk thru tonight.  Changed a word or two. 

Altered a target placement.

Fixed a mis-spelling or three.

I have to make the corrections and then we will be posting the stages to the website for shooter exam.

Looking forward to everyone's feedback.

Congratulations to everyone that won at EOT and to everyone that attended.

Now that EOT is complete; it's time to make plans to attend Eldorado in southern Nevada in October.

We will be posting main match stages to the website this week.

B)Really hoping to attend .

Hey Creeker how's the Carrier working on the Marlin?

Hey Creeker,

I was just looking over the side matches and didn't see my two favorites, Plainsman and Wild Bunch. Will you have them? If not, my third choice would be the Mini Match.

I see mentioned, lunch at approximately 12:30. Does that mean that there will be a mandatory lunch break? Or, just that it will be available around that time?

Regards,

Allie

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Hey Creeker,

I was just looking over the side matches and didn't see my two favorites, Plainsman and Wild Bunch. Will you have them? If not, my third choice would be the Mini Match.

I see mentioned, lunch at approximately 12:30. Does that mean that there will be a mandatory lunch break? Or, just that it will be available around that time?

Regards,

Allie

Allie,

At this time we do not offer a plainsman or wild bunch match.  Plainsman is, honestly, because we have no one that shoots plainsman and we would likely not do the event justice.  Wild Bunch has been designated a standalone event that we felt was best handled at a different time. These decisions are always subject to change with future events. 

So mini match it is. 

Four stages and we use every gun every stage; so really nothing mini about it.

Lunch on Friday at 12:30 is not a "mandatory" break; but with the stages we have written, the hopefully proper squading of shooters and the club president keeping the safety / welcome meeting brief, (he is a long winded so and so)...

I would be willing to bet most posses will be finished or near finished with their 6 stages of shooting by the time 12:30 rolls around.

Looking forward to seeing you there.

On 6/26/2018 at 8:35 PM, Jackrabbit Joe #414 said:

B)Really hoping to attend .

Hey Creeker how's the Carrier working on the Marlin?

Always a joy to have you join us.

The Marlin is working well; Painted Lady is still working on gaining speed, but it's nice to know that it is not her equipment holding her back...

My instructions and teachings perhaps, but not her equipment.

Archived