SASS Wire Forum

International Black Powder & SE Terrirorial Black Powder Championship

Confederate Colt

You can see it in the sky, Darkness Falls before A Dark Day.

The air is thick and smoke blocks out the sun, Darkness Falls before A Dark Day.

Soot Lords come from all around, fire and brimstone is all that can be found…….

DARKNESS FALLS before A DARK DAY

S.A.S.S. and the Fort White Cowboy Cavalry is proud to announce

Darkness Falls the S.A.S.S. Southeastern Territorial Black Powder Championship

and

A Dark Day On The Santa Fe the S.A.S.S. International Black Powder Championship

Here we grow again!!  Mark your calendars and join us Thursday, March 7th, 2019 for Darkness Falls the S.A.S.S. Southeastern Territorial Black Powder Championship. Then hang around as the S.A.S.S. International Black Powder Championship A Dark Day On The Santa Fe returns Friday, March 8th through Saturday, March 9th.

Darkness Falls will be a one day, six stage match limited to the first 100 shooters.  Lunch and awards to follow after the match, lunch is included in your entry fee.  A Dark Day On The Santa Fe will be a two day, ten stage match limited to the first 180 shooters. Friday night banquet and Saturday lunch is included in entry fee. For match application and more information please visit http://fwcc.net/black-powder-championships/.

Three Days…..

16 Stages…..

2 Championships……

Are you Cowboy enough to come to the Darkside?

17 hours ago, M.T Chambers, SASS#76185 said:

Dang CC,  I'm gonna have to do some figurin'  about another trip to FL next March:ph34r:

Dogmeat Dad and Lil Feathers are planning on coming down, we'd sure love to have you and your wife join us again.

Colt:

What's the weather like that time of year?

Covered areas to load cap guns?

The reason I ask is that I prefer not to shoot cap guns in the rain -- That's why God invented cartridge guns.

Thanks

--Dawg

1 hour ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Colt:

The reason I ask is that I prefer not to shoot cap guns in the rain -- That's why God invented cartridge guns.

Thanks

--Dawg

That's why you wear a big hat....

Texas Lizard

8 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Colt:

Thanks

--Dawg

Howdy Dawg,

Its usually dry and cold, well cold for us anyways. We have tables for cap n balls shooters to load but our experience over the past five years has been that many still load at their gun carts or the unloading table. That being said most of our unloading tables are covered and we plan on trying to get the rest of them covered by the end of the year. If it looks like rain we will have tents up for the cab n ball tables.

Hope you get to make it down!

2 hours ago, Confederate Colt said:

Howdy Dawg,

Its usually dry and cold, well cold for us anyways. We have tables for cap n balls shooters to load but our experience over the past five years has been that many still load at their gun carts or the unloading table. That being said most of our unloading tables are covered and we plan on trying to get the rest of them covered by the end of the year. If it looks like rain we will have tents up for the cab n ball tables.

Hope you get to make it down!

Excellent!

Gonna talk to the wife when she gets home from her trip & see if she's up for a Late Winter trip next year.

If so, I'll get the applications in.

Thanks

--Dawg

20 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Colt:

Thanks

--Dawg

Dawg,

Just put your big boy pants on and come play Frontiersman Gunfighter.  

You probably won't have any rain and it will definitely be warmer than Ohio. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Now this looks UBER KOOL!!  Long Drive, but, Frontiersman Gunfighter with Cap Guns ..... Just may have to do this one !!!!

Frontiersman Gunfighter is one of our largest categories!!

Come on down, you won't be disappointed.

Outstanding!!  Currently looks like I'm gonna wander on down with Prairie Dawg.  I'll be mailing my registrations on Thursday nest.  That would be PAY DAY!!  Being retired has it's perks and it's draw backs.  Let us not forget ... "Endless Weekends"  :D

I'm going to have to put this on the calendar and make it down there myself.  I'm sure I'll come in last, but I need to learn from the best in the game.

Sonn as we get back from EOT, our applications will be coming your way.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 5:28 PM, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Outstanding!!  Currently looks like I'm gonna wander on down with Prairie Dawg.  I'll be mailing my registrations on Thursday nest.  That would be PAY DAY!!  Being retired has it's perks and it's draw backs.  Let us not forget ... "Endless Weekends"  :D

We look forward to seeing you two.

On ‎6‎/‎22‎/‎2018 at 6:09 PM, Marshal Hangtree said:

I'm going to have to put this on the calendar and make it down there myself.  I'm sure I'll come in last, but I need to learn from the best in the game.

There are a ton of great shooters there. I know for sure there where at least five World Champions at the last Dark Day.

On ‎6‎/‎23‎/‎2018 at 5:16 PM, Sixgun Seamus said:

Sonn as we get back from EOT, our applications will be coming your way.

Awesome sounds great!!  Look forward to seeing you two again.

Hey Colt:

Colorado Coffinmaker & I want to come down for both of your shoots (My apps will be in this week's mail -- His in next week's) and stay for the Ides of March the next weekend (At least I hope it is the next weekend)

Who can I contact to verify the Ides is the following weekend?

Camping at the range with my motorhome or nearby RV park?

Thanks

--Dawg

14 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Hey Colt:

Colorado Coffinmaker & I want to come down for both of your shoots (My apps will be in this week's mail -- His in next week's) and stay for the Ides of March the next weekend (At least I hope it is the next weekend)

Who can I contact to verify the Ides is the following weekend?

Camping at the range with my motorhome or nearby RV park?

Thanks

--Dawg

The Ides of March is for sure the following weekend. Smart * is the man you want to contact his email is SmartAsterisk@outlook.com.

I'll keep an eye out for your apps!

Happy Independence Day

from Darkness Falls & A Dark Day On The Santa Fe

2018 Match Stats

End of Trail 80 Black Powder Shooters

Winter Range 92 Black Powder Shooters

A Dark Day On The Santa Fe 106 Black Powder Shooters

Numbers don’t lie, we have more black powder shooters then EOT AND Winter Range. When you look back at 2019 will you be able to say that you shot the largest black powder match in SASS?

Still not convinced to come shoot Darkness Falls the Southeastern Territorial Black Powder Championship and A Dark Day On The Santa Fe the International Black Powder Championship?

Let’s see if we can sweeten the deal. The following week is the Ides of March….one of the premier annual matches in the state of Florida. What does that mean for you?

Come for 11 days and you get….

6 Days of shooting

2 SASS Championship Matches

1 Annual Match

26 Stages

Need We Say More??

We’ll see you in March.

~Come to the Dark Side

http://fwcc.net/black-powder-championships

http://lakecountypistoleros.com

20 hours ago, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Apps for both shoots went into the mail today!

See ya in March!

--Dawg

14 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

My Apps will follow tomorrow.  I'm gonna be tired but this is gonna be FUN.  

I'll be on the look out for them!! Look forward to seeing you two.

On ‎7‎/‎2‎/‎2018 at 4:46 PM, Prairie Dawg, SASS #50329 said:

Apps for both shoots went into the mail today!

See ya in March!

--Dawg

Got your application in the mail yesterday!!  Will be sending an email confirmation to you soon.

• 4 weeks later...
17 hours ago, Chance Ramsay said:

I'll be there for sure getting applications ready vendor and sponsor

Look forward to seeing you my friend!

• 4 weeks later...
Happy Labor Day from A Dark Day On The Santa Fe!!

Hope that everyone has a happy and safe long weekend. We have been busy down on the range! We are in the processing of building a new berm wall down on stage 1 as well as putting up some more covers for the loading and unloading table along with some much needed fans.  Not sure how much we’ll need them in March, but they’re certainly needed during the summer months. There is quite a bit of information in the email, including some giveaways happening starting next month and some information about the Ides of March, so be sure you read all the way down.

Applications are coming in at a steady pace for Darkness Falls and A Dark Day On The Santa Fe, I wouldn’t wait too long before sending your applications in! Cheatin’ Chamberlin and I have been working on the stages I think we’re going to have some pretty fun things planned for you. 

On The Range

We picked up Circle Fly Wads, Action Shooting Network and Bullets by Chance as match sponsors this past month. Bullets by Chance will be vending and there is rumor the Actions Shooting Network might be down taking some videos of the match.

As always check out http://fwcc.net/black-powder-championships/ for the latest updates and match applications.

Action Shooting Network 

A Dark Day On The Santa Fe is teaming up with the Action Shooing Network to give away five custom laser engraved loading blocks! See attached pictures.
Ok so it works like this.  A Dark Day on the Santa Fe Icon Inline imagewill be hidden once a month, October through February after you receive the monthly email update. Be the first to find the “easter egg” every month and you will receive a personalized Dark Day On The Santa Fe loading block. Click on the icon to email your alias and caliber you shoot. If you are the first email submitted you will be contacted for shipping information. 

Now this icon can be hidden anywhere, in a comment, or a clubs page , so you may have to dig a little bit. I would start early and create an account at actionshootingnetwork.com then click on clubs and the like button for Dark Day On The Santa Fe club. 

This will keep you up to date on the match and clues on where to look. Don’t forget while you are there to click the like button on any of the other clubs that you want to receive updates and scores from and browse the “Find Friends” link to find your pards or to make new ones.

Ides of March

I received the following note from the Ides of March Match Director, Smart Asterisk.  

The theme for the 2019 Ides of March will be cowboy & western songs.  Each stage will have a song assigned and whenever possible the stage will be built around that song.  "Big Iron" and "Back In The Saddle" are examples of songs being considered.   If you have suggestions please send to SmartAsterisk@Outlook.com.

On The Road 

Deadwood Blackie and I will have the Dark Day tent set up at Hell Fire September 21st -23rd, then again at Comin at Cha September 24th -29th. Stop by and say hello!!  You never know what we might be giving away! If you miss us there come see Yadkin Hawks and I at Tennessee State October 10th – 13th.

LB 1.jpeg

LB 2.jpeg

• 1 month later...

The updated shooters list has been posted on the website this morning, you can find them here http://fwcc.net/black-powder-championships/. Check and see which one of your pards has already signed up. We already 11 different states represented, you never know who you might see on there!

The new berm wall between the rifle range and stage one is now complete!! We had an amazing crew come down and we were able to get it knocked out in two days. It has actually opened up stage one just a bit making a little more room on the bay.

Now on to the information you’ve all been waiting for……

Action Shooting Network

A Dark Day On The Santa Fe is teaming up with the Action Shooing Network to give away five custom laser engraved loading blocks!

Ok so it works like this.  A Dark Day on the Santa Fe Icon will be hidden once a month, October through February after you receive the monthly email update. Be the first to find the “easter egg” every month and you will receive a personalized Dark Day On The Santa Fe loading block. Click on the icon to email your alias and caliber you shoot. If you are the first email submitted you will be contacted for shipping information.

Now this icon can be hidden anywhere, in a comment, or a clubs page , so you may have to dig a little bit. I would start early and create an account at actionshootingnetwork.com then click on clubs and the like button for Dark Day On The Santa Fe club.

This will keep you up to date on the match and clues on where to look. Don’t forget while you are there to click the like button on any of the other clubs that you want to receive updates and scores from and browse the “Find Friends” link to find your pards or to make new ones.

Vendors

A lot has happened since last month and the vender list has started to solidify. The current vendor list looks like this; Bullets by Chance, Klassic Laser Works, Red River Bullets and Bullet by Scarlett.

I’ve been working on hard on getting Docs Oldwest down to the range and I think I just might finally have them talked into coming. Fingers crossed, we’ll see.

RV Camping

If you plan on coming down with a camper, we do have limited space available. Please send an email to Yadkin Hawks at rfmelt@comcast.net to make your reservation.

Triple Header

Do you enjoy shooting? Well of course we all do. What if I told you that you could shoot three matches in just 11 days?? Here the scoop;

1. Thursday, March 7th  - “Darkness Fall” the SASS Southeastern Territorial Black Powder Championship – 6 Stages

2. Friday, March 8th and Saturday, March 9th – “A Dark Day On The Santa Fe” the SASS International Black Powder Championship – 10 Stages

3. Friday, March 15th through Sunday March 17th – “Ides of March” – Side Matches and 10 Stage Main Match.

That’s five days of shooting, 26 stages, two championships and an annual match…wow!!

For more information about the Ides of March please contact Smart Asterisk at SmartAsterisk@Outlook.com.

On The Range

Yadkin Hawks and I will have the Dark Day tent set up at Tennessee State October 10th – 13th. Stop by and say hello!!  You never know what we might be giving away!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Happy Halloween!!

Congratulations to Dynamite Deed!

She is the winner of the October loading block giveaway! For more information see the Action Shooting Network Section below.

We are up to 14 different states represented, just two states away from our personal best. It looks like we just might break our state record this year.

Cheatin Chamberlin has gotten the first draft of the stages over to me and boy does he have a great match written! You going to be in for one heck of a match!

The updated shooter lists has been posted on the website this morning, you can find them here http://fwcc.net/black-powder-championships/. Check and see which one of your pards has already signed up. You never know who you might see on there!

Triple Header

Do you enjoy shooting? Well of course we all do. What if I told you that you could shoot three matches in just 11 days?? Here the scoop;

1. Thursday, March 7th  - “Darkness Fall” the SASS Southeastern Territorial Black Powder Championship – 6 Stages

2. Friday, March 8th and Saturday, March 9th – “A Dark Day On The Santa Fe” the SASS International Black Powder Championship – 10 Stages

3. Friday, March 15th through Sunday March 17th – “Ides of March” – Side Matches and 10 Stage Main Match.

5 Days of Shooting

26 Main Stages

2 Championships

1 Annual Match

It’s Time To Cowboy Up!

For more information about the Ides of March please contact Smart Asterisk at SmartAsterisk@Outlook.com.

Dark Day Vendors

Come and support the vendors that support you!!  So far we have four vendors slated to come down; Bullets by Chance, Klassic Laser Works, Red River Bullets and Bullet by Scarlett.

Action Shooting Network

A Dark Day On The Santa Fe is teaming up with the Action Shooing Network to give away four more custom laser engraved loading blocks!

Ok so it works like this.  A Dark Day on the Santa Fe Icon will be hidden once a month, November through February after you receive the monthly email update. Be the first to find the “easter egg” every month and you will receive a personalized Dark Day On The Santa Fe loading block. Click on the icon to email your alias and caliber you shoot. If you are the first email submitted you will be contacted for shipping information.

RV Camping

If you plan on coming down with a camper, we do have limited space available. Please send an email to Yadkin Hawks at rfmelt@comcast.net to make your reservation.

Archived