SASS Wire Forum

Rumor on 2019 Texas State match

Hoss

Heard the 2019 Texas State match will again be hosted by The Texican Rangers in conjunction with Comancheria Days. That's great news, the Texican Rangers do a great job. Looking forward to it already!

I challenge every club in Texas to volunteer to do something to help the match. Offer to run a side match, sponsor a stage, donate shooter prizes, park cars, etc. . We cant expect the Rangers to do all the work so we can play. 

2 minutes ago, a d texaz said:

Hoss

the rumor is true!

thanks for the challenge!

See you in April!

AD

Can't wait! Already have standing reservations at the Sunset Inn. 

I told Dirty Dog Dale I would be happy to handle the whole Plainsman Side Match if you don't already have somebody. Just tell me the stages and the target arrays and I'll take it from there. 

Aggie Bill,

Outside of Fredericksberg, TX and near Comfort, TX.  Make room reservations fast as Comfort and Fredericksberg book up fast.  The Sunset Inn is a great place and even has a great restaurant on sight for breakfast.  The Windham is right next to the Sunset Inn within walking distance for breakfast.  Multiple camping sites available nearby if you don't stay on the range. Be aware that the motels in Fredericksberg double their room rates for Friday and Saturday night because of the tourist trade. 

Aggie, 

as Lorelie said, the Sunset Inn in Fredericksburg is a good choice. All 1st floor rooms, park right outside so not so far to tote your guns. usually a bunch of Cowboys/Cowgirls sitting out in the evening, bragging on their shooting prowess!  Also, in Fredericksburg there is lots of food choices, us Texas Jacks for shopping. 

Email Donna at tdc@sunset-inn.com

for reservations at the Sunset Inn. 

Is it safe to guess it will be the 2nd weekend?  May have to look into making it next year.  We were in that area May last year at Lake Medina and realized they were close enough to commute to the range.  Of course, with a planned trip to England next July, a lot will depend on how my time off work and funds.

I found their website, (Looks like April 2019), so when will it be? I have a RV, just a long haul from East Harris County by horseback.

Archived