SASS Wire Forum

Baby Kitties

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 3 weeks later...

Hi Folks,

I showed you the owners email indicating he was rejecting Rita. She is just fine with us. I am not looking forward to taking her or GG to their follow-up vet appointment. I've always need to tranquilize Ziggy to go to the vet.

Anyway, here are some current photos.

Rita bathing GG. Rita and GG on their perch. Rita and Ziggy. Ziggy :wub: both of them and is very gentle with them.

Rita Bathing GG.jpg

09092018-09Kittens.JPG

09092018-03Kittens_01.JPG

Definitely! Kittens are so active. We are giving them outdoors time to burn some of that energy. Only problem is they are so small, they can get through the fence. It was custom to keep kitties in. Here is Ziggy on his first trip to the yard. He was much larger at their age and not as sneaky. You could easily see him slip through an open door.

09132016-02.JPG

Allie you need to stop by for a trip. We have 22 of the varmits here. My wife is still not happy but most have found homes as soon as they are of age. the mommas are fixed now and hopefully I nobody ditches any more cats nearby

Hi Evil,

We have four kitties now. Hubby balked at the first two. The kittens won his heart before we knew they would be ours. So, more cats/kittens are not in our future.

It is very dangerous for outdoor cats in this area. Like I wrote, four of Tabby's (Mama cat) siblings were killed by a Mountain Lion. Just this week there was a bear sighting and our garbage was strewn all over. It was safe there for 10 years. Four in/out cats is our limit. Barn/outdoor only cats are out of the question for us.

Regards,

Allie

When we first moved here and had the fence built, we had a cat who would not be kept in the yard. He was a real BA cat, even chased the dog. He would climb the wood garage wall to get out. Luckily, he was never attacked. He'd even walk among the turkeys and deer. He finally got senile (I've never seen a cat do that before) and feeble.

We only have 7 outside cats at our house !! I have a 12 yr old that will definitely be the crazy cat lady when she gets older  !! The 3 yr old daughter is pretty smitten with fresh supply of kittens we get every so often too !! Most of them Tabby cats, some have no tails, some have stubs of a tail about 3 inchs long and some have regular tails !!

41 minutes ago, Larabee said:

We only have 7 outside cats at our house !! I have a 12 yr old that will definitely be the crazy cat lady when she gets older  !! The 3 yr old daughter is pretty smitten with fresh supply of kittens we get every so often too !! Most of them Tabby cats, some have no tails, some have stubs of a tail about 3 inchs long and some have regular tails !!

We need photos!

BTW are you insinuating that I'm a crazy cat lady? If so,

:wub:

Here's a few !! Nothing wrong with a crazy cat lady Allie !! We're all crazy about them around our ranch !! Second pic is one the girls call Baby !! It's a male with no tale..... hey that rhymes  !!!

20180531_163806.jpg

20180930_120649.jpg

Baby has similar side markings as Little Rita the Runt who is now taller than GG.

BTW, Larabee, you are from a town that is near to my home-away-from-home, Fairfield.  I call it that as it is where the only blood relatives (cousins) I am in touch with live. Also, both my mom and dad were born in Wayne County, IL.

Lota great pards in the Fairfield and Cisne area.... I'm about an hour northeast of there. The Lakewood Marshals have a great shoot in that area monthly..... my favorite place to shoot !! Sgt Eli is from Fairfield and transfers all my guns for me. Super nice feller. As they say.... it's a small world !!

The last time I visited my cousins, I shot with Sgt. Eli, among others, at Cisne. I also shot the US Open in Sparta. RR Bill Hall, Ellie Oakley, and Shell Stuffer loaned me guns at Cisne. Taquila Tab and Shell Stuffer loaned me guns at the USO. Great people! If they hadn't made that offer, I might not have made the trip.

Sgt. Eli had  a photo of me hung in the saloon. Everyone made me feel so welcome.  I'm also posting a photo of Rev. Willy Dunkem :wub: and me. My cousin Mike came out to see what it was all about. The third photo is cousin Mike (who I stayed with) and Bull Skinner.  I have sooo many photos from the USO too. Most copied from Sugah, who I think goes by Ginderella now.

Fun times. Alas, that was eight years ago.

Fliers Made by Sgt. Eli Announcing Allie's Appearance.JPG

Rev. Willie Dunkum.JPG

Bull Skinner and Cousin Mike, AKA The Clean.JPG

That is awesome  !! Hopefully you come back to visit someday and shoot again.... when I'm there !! Bull Skinner was actually my first contact in this game. He went out of his way to introduce me to CAS and a great bunch of guys and gals. Proud to say I've become great friends with Sgt. Eli, Bull Skinner, Railroad Bill, that rascal Shell Stuffer and my mentor Leadpumper !! The latter has already got me converted to shooting black powder  !! I had big plans to see Bull Skinner yesterday at Effingham but shoot was cancelled unfortunately. He is recovering recovering from a lung surgery a few months ago. Hope to see him at Cisne next weekend. I saw that pic of you at Cisne shoot and never put it all together  !! 

Archived