SASS Wire Forum

Gun shy. Are you???

Smokin' Dave

16 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

You won't have to worry about Lefties or Righties coming to take your gun.  After 6 more years of Trump, You'll be waiting to see if the occupying Kommissar  is coming to your BBQ. 

<_< :rolleyes:

Ammunition is the key. Nobody has to pick up the guns. Types of ammo, this kind of bullet verses that kind of bullet, this metal instead of that metal. What propellants are used and how they are packaged. This kind of stuff can all be regulated in multiple layers by different departments to the point where acquisition, transportation or position is just not possible.

OSHA tried exactly this with primers and black powder back in 1997.  They used the phony title - Consolidation of Regulations.  So keep your eye on the Federal Register ... the BPCR community found out about this proposed regulation and started a grass roots rebuttal with over 5000 negative replies that OSHA had to post in the Federal Register.  In addition we involved legislators.  The Congressional Sportsmen Committee wrote a letter to the OSHA Asst Director ... either revise the proposal or rescind it, otherwise we will initiate Federal legislation to rescind all appropriations to OSHA.  OSHA dropped the proposal in September of that year   

And guess who was on the OSHA Appropriation Committee at that time ... H Clinton - John Kerry and Obama  

Haven’t bought a gun in near two years. Refuse to medicate for the onslaught of withdrawal symptoms. Haven’t even shot one in 8 months. This is not from fear. It’s from my personal changing health and financial situation. As for them taking all I have collected. They won’t find any if I can stop them.  If and when the fight comes, I can be a source of help to those needing help. Oh I will not just lie down, no matter my situation. 

As as for the leftie leaders that are creating the situation. Well, To kill a poisonous snake you cut off the head and bury it, cause it can still be poisonous even after death. 

I'm not gun shy, but instead of wearing open carry in public, I go concealed when I can carry.  I don't like to get people upset, which is understandable these days.  I live in TEXAS, btw.

I carry concealed so that I have more options.  If the bad guy sees my gun I become a target. If a bystander points at me and says why don't / didn't you shoot, I become a target. 

By carrying concealed no one knows but me; so how I react to any given situation including leaving my firearm in its holster is my choice alone. I can walk away and the only person second guessing my response to a situation is me. 

There will be times when not drawing a firearm is the best course of action just as there will be times when not drawing immediately is the right choice. I want to have those choices.

Archived