SASS Wire Forum

WTB 10ga Brass Shells/ Loading Dies

Just what it says!!  Need reload able 10g a all brass shotshells and sizing and priming dies.

PM me with what you have!!

Thin wall "A" type 2 5/8" brass shells are available from Track of the Wolf for $7.29 ea. Used cases will usually run $4 or $5 ea anyway, so buy new. With proper care, they'll last a LONG time. Winchester used to say they could be reloaded "up to 500 times" or somesuch. I don't know anywhere you can buy a resizing die for 10g brass - when I started loading them a few years ago, I finally gave up and reamed an old pipe bushing reducer to the right size on a lathe. I set it over the jaws of a vise, tap the case into it, turn it over and tap it back out. Priming tools are commonly found on eBay, or just set the primer on a flat smooth surface and tap the case onto it. Sometimes the primer pocket is deeper than flush and they don't fully seat though. AND... you run the risk of setting one off... I've only had it happen once, but it sure makes you jump!

CH4D has all the dies, but they're expensive!!  I have some of the TOTW shells as well.  I'm looking for stuff that other folks have decided not to use anymore for whatever reason.  They get some of their investment back and I get to accumulate more 10g a stuff.

Archived