SASS Wire Forum

Looking for a 50 caliber bullet puller

I need to pull the bullets from a bunch of 56-50 ammo, but my old inertia puller is only good for .45 caliber.  I can't be the only person who ever needed to pull bullets from loaded 50 cal rounds.  Does anyone have a reccomendation?

Loaded 56-50 rounds are short and the bullet does not have a straight portion that sticks out of the case, so there is not much to grab on to using a collet die in the press.  The best bet for removing the bullets without damaging them would be an inertia puller.  I just have not found one that will take 50 cal cases.

Hopefully you don't have a lot to undo.   Not being familiar with your particular ammo,  could you improvise an inertia puller out of some pipe with your shell holder taking place of the collet.  GW

Or there is this slightly more entertaining, but extremely hard on the components method of bullet pulling. 

You should be able to take your cap off of your bullet puller and drop the shell in the puller then put your cap

minus the shell holder and use it like normal if it will fit in and catch on the rim.

It works for 50-70's.

He Doc;

while you've gotten some good ideas here, if you haven't already, you might think about putting this on the regular wire.

BTW; were ya been hiding ain't seen ya in awhile.

Marshal Stone

Archived