SASS Wire Forum

Looking for Remington Spartan parts

I bought a 12 ga. Remington Spartan coach gun a couple years ago from a friend.  After the last two shot on the final stage my daughter noticed something odd that the triggers wouldn't reset.  So I took it to my gunsmith and he gave me the long face.  He figures it needs a new trigger assembly but Remington does not offer parts for that model anymore.  Does anyone know where I might get parts for my shotgun?  If not, it's history.

Baikal parts.  Johnny Meadows can usually work a miracle on Baikals/Spartans.    He may have the parts available, if EAA (Spartan is a Baikal gun, EAA imported the Baikals) does not. 

EAA is at:

http://eaacorp.com/gun_accessories/index.php/parts/baikal/mp-parts/izh-parts.html

Good luck, GJ

3 hours ago, Snake-eye, SASS#45097 said:

Sounds like a single selectable trigger issue. No parts for those. If it is may be converted to double triggers by gunsmith.

It is a single trigger shotgun.  After the last two shots it would only open about 1/3 the way.  Triggers would not re-set.  You could feel the trigger assembly move if a little pressure was put on the barrel to open it.

Almost sounds like the trigger assy might be loose and the cocking levers are hitting the casing of the trigger assy instead of cocking the internal hammers.  Or, you could have a broken hammer or hammer spring that jammed the action.  I've seen a hammer break to cause that problem in a Baikal/Spartan double trigger gun, too.  Parts were available from EAA back then (10 years ago) so I fixed that one myself. 

Good luck, GJ

Archived