SASS Wire Forum

Quick Pietta SA question

McCandless

I can't find it in the specs.  From those of you who have one.  Do Pietta versions of the SAA have a removable cylinder bushing?

Thanks!

I think it depends on the model and year built  IMHO .

Rooster 

11 minutes ago, McCandless said:

I can't find it in the specs.  From those of you who have one.  Do Pietta versions of the SAA have a removable cylinder bushing?

Thanks!

The GWIIs and Charles Dalys in my safe do.

2 minutes ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

The GWIIs and Charles Dalys in my safe do.

Thank you!

I asked the nice lady at EMF’s display last year.  She said that the GW2 I was looking at had a bushing that was separate from the cylinder but it was a press fit.  Not readily removable but it could be replaced if necessary.

36 minutes ago, Abe E.S. Corpus SASS #87667 said:

I asked the nice lady at EMF’s display last year.  She said that the GW2 I was looking at had a bushing that was separate from the cylinder but it was a press fit.  Not readily removable but it could be replaced if necessary.

That’s exactly how mine is. 

PLUS ONE to PaleWolf Brunnell

Additional:  When I was still working, and encountered "stuck" or "press fit" bushing, I took them out and fit them correctly.

42 minutes ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

PLUS ONE to PaleWolf Brunnell

Additional:  When I was still working, and encountered "stuck" or "press fit" bushing, I took them out and fit them correctly.

How did you do that?

I wanted to be sure because I am working on a web page and considering adding a video with side-by-side comparisons of Uberti and Pietta revolvers, where the narrator says that the Pietta does NOT have a removable bushing.  I wanted to be sure, because many videos simply have false information.  I'll not use that one.

Redwood, 

I have a shop made punch that fits the bushing and goes thru the bore in the cylinder.  I have a special block that supports the cylinder but has a large "drop" hole for the bushing to drop out into.  I have a nicely weighted Ball/Peen hammer.  I think you know what it's for :)

McCandless, 

There are versions of Pietta that DO NOT have removable bushings.  Their better guns do.  I do not like nor recommend guns without the removable bushing.

I have a Great Western II that doesn't have a removable cylinder bushing. It's about 6 or 7 years old.

7 hours ago, Colorado Coffinmaker said:

Warden :)

Nope.  I "personally" do not like rugers.  I don't begin to claim they aren't good guns.  I just don't like em.

+10000

Archived