SASS Wire Forum

Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation, Sultan of Smoke and King of Kaboom!

Jackalope

In addition to all the normal festivities, the Black Gold Shootout, 2018 will also host sub-category competitions in Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation, Sultan of Smoke and King of Kaboom.  There will be a sign up sheet available during shooter check in on Thursday.

Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation (CHN)

Competitors signed up for the main match in FCD, Duelist, Classic Cowboy or others as long as they adhere to FCD equipment and rules.  Revolvers are shot in the SASS Duelist category manner and double-duelist is allowed.  Revolver ammo must consist of 250 grain or heavier bullets and full case loads of 777 or real black powder.  No cookies, cards, wads, or other fillers allowed.  Rifle caliber must be 38 WCF, 44 WCF, 44 Magnum, or 45 Long Colt,  with a minimum 180 grain bullet and full case loads of 777 or real black powder.  No cookies, cards, wads, or other filler allowed.  Shotguns must be double-barrel or 1887 lever-action style firing a minimum of 60 grains of black powder or substitute black powder and a minimum of 1 1/8 oz shot.

Sultan of Smoke (SoS)

Competitors signed up for the main match in FCD, Frontiersman, Duelist, Classic Cowboy and others are eligible, handguns are shot duelist or double-duelist style.  Handguns and rifle ammunition requirements:  For .40 caliber or bigger, a 200 grain bullet or heavier, and at least 25 grains of powder.  For 38 WCF, a 180 grain bullet or heavier and at least 30 grains of powder.  Cap and ball revolvers must be .44 caliber and up and use a round ball with at least 30 grains of powder. Real black powder, Pyrodex, 777, APP, Pinnacle or other black powder substitutes are allowed.  You may use a double-barrel or ’87 style shotgun, with a minimum of 60 grains of black powder or substitute and at least 1 1/8 oz shot.

King of Kaboom (KoK)

Follows the same firearm/ammunition rules as SoS, but two-handed or gunfighter shooting style is allowed, depending on competitors main match category rules.

These requirements are as listed in the T-Rex Fahert Society viewed here.

Regards,

Jackalope

9 hours ago, Jackalope said:

In addition to all the normal festivities, the Black Gold Shootout, 2018 will also host sub-category competitions in Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation, Sultan of Smoke and King of Kaboom.  There will be a sign up sheet available during shooter check in on Thursday.

Champeen of the Hillbilly Nation (CHN)

Competitors signed up for the main match in FCD, Duelist, Classic Cowboy or others as long as they adhere to FCD equipment and rules.  Revolvers are shot in the SASS Duelist category manner and double-duelist is allowed.  Revolver ammo must consist of 250 grain or heavier bullets and full case loads of 777 or real black powder.  No cookies, cards, wads, or other fillers allowed.  Rifle caliber must be 38 WCF, 44 WCF, 44 Magnum, or 45 Long Colt,  with a minimum 180 grain bullet and full case loads of 777 or real black powder.  No cookies, cards, wads, or other filler allowed.  Shotguns must be double-barrel or 1887 lever-action style firing a minimum of 60 grains of black powder or substitute black powder and a minimum of 1 1/8 oz shot.

Sultan of Smoke (SoS)

Competitors signed up for the main match in FCD, Frontiersman, Duelist, Classic Cowboy and others are eligible, handguns are shot duelist or double-duelist style.  Handguns and rifle ammunition requirements:  For .40 caliber or bigger, a 200 grain bullet or heavier, and at least 25 grains of powder.  For 38 WCF, a 180 grain bullet or heavier and at least 30 grains of powder.  Cap and ball revolvers must be .44 caliber and up and use a round ball with at least 30 grains of powder. Real black powder, Pyrodex, 777, APP, Pinnacle or other black powder substitutes are allowed.  You may use a double-barrel or ’87 style shotgun, with a minimum of 60 grains of black powder or substitute and at least 1 1/8 oz shot.

King of Kaboom (KoK)

Follows the same firearm/ammunition rules as SoS, but two-handed or gunfighter shooting style is allowed, depending on competitors main match category rules.

These requirements are as listed in the T-Rex Fahert Society viewed here.

Regards,

Jackalope

Hmmmm...

Could be fun.

King of the Hillbilly Nation (Outlaw style).

All you DARKSIDERS orta' check this out!!  

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/6/2018 at 1:42 PM, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Looks like my Warthog .32's don't qualify. ..... ;)

..........Widder

Widder, I don't know what they would call that category...

I don't recall who all participated last time.  Kid Rich was in on it.  Billy the Avenger, Appalachian Alan and some others, too.

Give it a whirl!  Trust me, this is where you'll get the biggest bang for your buck.

1 hour ago, Jackalope said:

Widder, I don't know what they would call that category...

I don't recall who all participated last time.  Kid Rich was in on it.  Billy the Avenger, Appalachian Alan and some others, too.

Give it a whirl!  Trust me, this is where you'll get the biggest bang for your buck.

LITERALLY

These are “match within a match “ competitions.  You qualify by shooting the guns and ammunition described for the category and you still shoot your SASS category too.

• 3 weeks later...

Less than two weeks away!

I hope you have your ammo loaded!

I hope Copperhead Joe has his targets armor plated and reinforced!

This will be a blast.  Nah, it'll be a series of loud and smokey blasts.

I just like hearing all those big bore smokers making noise and obscuring the view!!

Well,  I just hope my Warthog .32's don't drown out you smoky folks party.

Are you sure there's not some sort of "Itty Bity Bullets" category for those Warthog .32's to qualify for?

How about the "Champeen of the Itty Bity Bullets".

OR maybe... "Sultans of No-Smoke".

OR, and this is the good one..... "King of Knat Pharts".

(still laughing at the "King of Knat Pharts" idea..... :lol:

..........Widder

3 hours ago, Widder, SASS #59054 said:

Well,  I just hope my Warthog .32's don't drown out you smoky folks party.

Are you sure there's not some sort of "Itty Bity Bullets" category for those Warthog .32's to qualify for?

How about the "Champeen of the Itty Bity Bullets".

OR maybe... "Sultans of No-Smoke".

OR, and this is the good one..... "King of Knat Pharts".

(still laughing at the "King of Knat Pharts" idea..... :lol:

..........Widder

Wouldn't one have to have a 'Gnatsass' to produce authentic "Knat Pharts"?:P  Jist wonderin.

Widder, if'n ya puts sum of yore 'speshul lube on them warthog 32's them spotter's git hongry and won't call any misses on ya.....not that you ever have a miss :P

Kajun

3 minutes ago, Titus A. Gnatsass, SASS #71705 said:

I've also heard that ice cream sammichs make pretty good bribe currency as well!;)

Indeed.

With the big event just one week away, the stock market gained today, especially in the black powder market.  

I expect lemonade and Ice cream sammiches to follow and go up tomorrow.

..........Widder

I heard fellers talking Tuesday about including something they called "Princess of Pop Gun".

Not sure what they meant...:rolleyes:

3 hours ago, Jackalope said:

I heard fellers talking Tuesday about including something they called "Princess of Pop Gun".

Not sure what they meant...:rolleyes:

I think it was in reference to 'Warthog .32's.     :)

The laughter was deafening..... :lol:

..........Widder

Ain't too far away!!   Just hop a flight into Knoxville, TN and about an hour and yer havin' yer first swaller of lemonade!! 

Archived