SASS Wire Forum

Fast Engraver?

Dang It Dan 13202

7 hours ago, Dang It Dan 13202 said:

Wondering.....

Does anyone know a good engraver that doesn't have a long wait time?

Thanks,

Dang It

Having finally obtained an engraved SAA after much research and hard work, I discovered that what you are asking only leads to many, many new questions.

To answer the first question with a question, what do you consider a long wait? 60 days? 180 days? a year and a half? All are viable options depending on the engraver you want to go with and their current workload.

How about what do you consider good? Laser engraving or hand engraved by a master engraver?

Do you know what style of engraving you would like? There are great engravers that specialize in certain styles versus others. What about coverage?

All of these questions are something that you need to address before you take on the project if you want to end up with a really nice gun that you are happy with and not disappointed and only see the flaws. Keep us posted. Once upon a time I hated engraved guns and didn't see the point. Now I love them to death, but also believe not every gun is worthy of engraving.

7 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

What do you call a 'long wait time'?

Look up Aspen Filly(SASS member).

OLG

I strongly second OLG on this recommendation. Aspen Filly is a talented hand engraver who will deliver what you want, when she says she will, & it will be very high quality.   http://lcgraphicdesigns.tripod.com/aspenfillys/engraving.html

Archived