SASS Wire Forum

EoT posts from Misty, for those who aren't on FB

Misty and the crew have been working hard at Founder's Ranch, getting it ready for End of Trail.  They have been doing an incredible amount of work!

Here's the latest post:

"Well... Founders Ranch got some rain! A LOT of rain VERY fast. 10 days from EOT... and now a lot of extra road work and clean up to do! We’ll do our best to get everything back into tip top shape for everyone- but WOW- it’s truly amazing (and devastating!) what water can do in a few hours! Plus side- at least it happened now and not DURING END of TRAIL!! 1f60a.png"

misty 1.jpg

misty 2.jpg

misty 3.jpg

misty 4.jpg

misty 5.jpg

misty 6.jpg

misty 7.jpg

misty 8.jpg

misty 9.jpg

misty 10.jpg

You can bet that by the time EoT begins, Misty will have the place looking pristine.  It's going to be a great match! 

Just Mother Nature lettin' you know that she is still in charge.

The bridge to the chapel was just painted last Saturday.  A good hosing might put it back in good shape.  My place west of the Manzanos got a good drenching from the same storm system but no damage.

For those going to EOT be warned that the summer rain season is forecast to start early this year.  Be prepared for late afternoon thunderstorms.  If camping on-range selecting a site on one of the graveled areas would be wise.

Posting on Facebook when we have a perfectly good and recently upgraded Wire? ;)

Blasphemy! :D

One thing about the southwest. A dirt road or trail is nothing but a future gully if you let things go...

Good luck getting everything in order. :)

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

Posting on Facebook when we have a perfectly good and recently upgraded Wire? ;)

Blasphemy! :D

Title of this thread....... "EoT posts from Misty, for those who aren't on FB",   Seriously?  Pat Riot has it right, why not use the SASS forum for contacting SASS members?  I check the SASS Wire everyday but personally have no use for Facebook and now am curious as to what I'm missing out on since I don't have a facebook account!

Misty, come on in, the water is just fine and we won't bite, besides.........from what I hear, facebook appears to be for those who want to bash SASS not promote it! :o

While I have no use for facebook, I understand that SASS gets a lot of exposure on it. Some good, some not so good. However, I appreciate this thread as it lets those of us who won't go to facebook know what is happening. Also the SASS Board is meeting now so Misty is busy.

Stopped by this morning to check on the clays range.  The gullies we filled in after a similar drenching in October have been opened up again, and a lot of gravel moved down into arroyos from the range road.  Dried up enough that we will still be opening tomorrow.

Jack Diamond has been clearing up the main road with the tractor, and things are coming together.  The longhorns have been penned up so they can't wander to the north fence line where the damage occurred. 

Should be back in business in no time.

3 minutes ago, Happy Jack, SASS #20451 said:

Also the SASS Board is meeting now so Misty is busy.

Yep, ran into Hipshot at the grocery store today.

2 hours ago, Shotgun Clay said:

Stopped by this morning to check on the clays range.  The gullies we filled in after a similar drenching in October have been opened up again, and a lot of gravel moved down into arroyos from the range road.  Dried up enough that we will still be opening tomorrow.

Jack Diamond has been clearing up the main road with the tractor, and things are coming together.  The longhorns have been penned up so they can't wander to the north fence line where the damage occurred. 

Should be back in business in no time.

Thanks for the update SG.

You guys that are bashing the Facebook thing.

It's really easy to post pictures on Facebook from a cell phone. Not nearly as time consuming.

SO FIND SOMETHING ELSE TO COMPLAIN ABOUT. IT GOT POSTED ON YOUR PRECIOUS WIRE.

The folks who post on the different SASS groups on Facebook post lots of great videos and have informative conversations.  If the administrators in those groups don't like comments they can get rid of yhem.

There is a lot of great SASS videos from all over the world available on Facebook. 

So you guys can find another thing to complain about.

Off the soapbox now.

2 minutes ago, Judge'm All Duncan, SASS#67320 said:

It's really easy to post pictures on Facebook from a cell phone. Not nearly as time consuming.

The folks who post on the different SASS groups on Facebook post lots of great videos and have informative conversations.  If the administrators in those groups don't like comments they can get rid of yhem.

There is a lot of great SASS videos from all over the world available on Facebook. 

Off the soapbox now.

Yep. SASS gets way more exposure on FB than they do on the WIRE, sad but true.

2 hours ago, Judge'm All Duncan, SASS#67320 said:

Off the soapbox now.

Who’s complaining? Oh wait...

Does seem wrong to have to go to another site, especially one that doesn't care about your privacy to learn/see SASS stuff, especially from SASS. JMHO

I guess I'll miss it rather than getting tied up in the social media malarkey.

Hey folks, 

Ease up.  Misty didn't ask me to post these pics.  They were on her personal public FB page and I thought you might be interested.  If this is going to stir up a hornet's nest I just won't post anything else and pull my post. 

There are a lot of interesting personal SASS related FB pages out there.  Some related to SASS Guns and Ammo, some related to match videos, some related to pictures of SASS shooters, Some generally related to NCOWS or CAS in general, some aimed at prospective shooters, others at WTC... There's even an official SASS FB page for those who cruise FB, know nothing of SASS, and may find it interesting.

There are many, many web pages for individual clubs and annual matches.

Just because you choose not to interrelate with some sites does not make them any less valid.  

Eli

OLG;   not doomed. just get to have some peace & quiet sometimes.

I was not complaining. I am glad the fb info was posted here. it is the only way I will see it.

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Reb, SASS #54804 said:

OLG;   not doomed. just get to have some peace & quiet sometimes.

I was not complaining. I am glad the fb info was posted here. it is the only way I will see it.

These devices, do have 'OFF' switches.........^_^

I use the one on mine, often..........:lol:

OLG

For the folks that are not Facebook users - your missing out many pages that are specific firearms related ... with discussion and information you'll not find on the SASS Wire - including firearms specific pages, all the firearms associations, etc, etc, etc.  A couple of prominent SASS members also post daily on their pages, ie Capt George Baylor and Colt Faro who I'm linked to as a 'Friend' in addition to Misty

Example of one page that is one of my shortcuts is Firearms Gunsmithing ... I have a 22LR Marlin Model 80 DL (peep sight model) with Ballard rifling find it's way into my safe.  98% condition and a perfect bore with one minor part broken - the cartridge guide.  We had a thread going on the subject from gun owners all over the US with their experience where to get the part and how to fix it.  Nice part too was that many knew the difference between Ballard rifling vrs Marlin's Micro Groove rifling.

Just because you choose not to interrelate with some sites does not make them any less valid.  

No, but it does make them less popular.   Some even deserve it.  

:lol:  GJ

12 minutes ago, August West, SASS #45079 said:

I'm pretty sure interrelate is not a word.

I'm pretty sure it IS.

MW Learner's Dictionary

Cambridge Dictionary

The Free Dictionary

dictionary.com

... etc.

1 hour ago, John Boy said:

For the folks that are not Facebook users - your missing out many pages that are specific firearms related ... with discussion and information you'll not find on the SASS Wire - including firearms specific pages, all the firearms associations, etc, etc, etc.  A couple of prominent SASS members also post daily on their pages, ie Capt George Baylor and Colt Faro who I'm linked to as a 'Friend' in addition to Misty

Example of one page that is one of my shortcuts is Firearms Gunsmithing ... I have a 22LR Marlin Model 80 DL (peep sight model) with Ballard rifling find it's way into my safe.  98% condition and a perfect bore with one minor part broken - the cartridge guide.  We had a thread going on the subject from gun owners all over the US with their experience where to get the part and how to fix it.  Nice part too was that many knew the difference between Ballard rifling vrs Marlin's Micro Groove rifling.

John Boy,

I still have the 80 DL my father bought me 66 years ago. Have to check the bore, but I believe it's Micro Groove.  Still shoots good.

Tex

Archived