SASS Wire Forum

what do you add to Mule Mix?

Trigger Mike

Kroger is an hour away so when I go i stock up on what I find.  I saw a bottle of lime and ginger Mule Mix and thought it would be good for my stomach etc.  I bought it and brought it home without really looking at the bottle.  My wife pointed out to me that it is supposed to be mixed with alcohol.  Something we had not heard of.  Our alcohol experience involves beer, margarita or kamikaze  or brandy or whiskey.  What is something non alcoholic that we can add the mule mix to that might taste good?

10 minutes ago, Trigger Mike said:

Kroger is an hour away so when I go i stock up on what I find.  I saw a bottle of lime and ginger Mule Mix and thought it would be good for my stomach etc.  I bought it and brought it home without really looking at the bottle.  My wife pointed out to me that it is supposed to be mixed with alcohol.  Something we had not heard of.  Our alcohol experience involves beer, margarita or kamikaze  or brandy or whiskey.  What is something non alcoholic that we can add the mule mix to that might taste good?

Mike:

Try Soda Water or Tonic Water instead of the Vodka.

Heck, sounds like it would be good in ginger ale/ginger beer, 7-Up, cola, pomegranate juice, orange juice, lemonade, pineapple juice, etc.

Might also make a nice base for a marinade for pork, chicken, or fish.

ADDED:

I just did a quick search for the stuff.  Is it a concentrate to which you add the ginger ale and vodka?  Or is it already carbonated and you just add vodka?  If it is the "just add vodka" variant, pour it over ice and enjoy.

Believe it or not, add a little Maker's Mark to it along with some simple syrup.  Equal parts of all three.  Learned it on a tour of the distillery. 

OOOOPs--Just saw the non-alcoholic catch. 

6 hours ago, Trigger Mike said:

You never heard of alcohol?  Amazing!

It the ingredients for a Moscow Mule

Archived