SASS Wire Forum

oversize front bead for shotgun

Captain Clark

I cant remember who it is that supplies the oversize bead that fastens on top of original small beads on shotguns. I haven't had much success on Google locating them.

HELP!

Sure Hit Sights (by Slick)

http://www.slickmagicguns.com/SlickMercantile.html

Go to the second page and you will find the shotgun sight.

Sight - Shotgun Bead Sight

If your current shotgun bead is too small why change out the entire bead? We make beads that fit over the existing bead on your shotgun. They are offered in two sizes 7/32 and 1/4" and are made from solid brass. To get the correct size "mic" your existing bead size, then order the one that matches your current bead size. We offer them in three under bead sizes .125 , .155 and .177. When you receive your new sight just simply place it over your current bead, making sure your barrel is on a flat surface and tap the new sight on with a light mallet. Select corresponding sizes below.

So, what bead size have y'all been ordering for our game?

Better to learn to set the lollipop on the top of the barrel and fire. We don't need no stinking sights. 

When one rapidly shoulders a shotgun and aims, one will see barrel from the receiver to the end of the barrel. For those of you who trap or skeet, you know what I mean. It means you will shoot higher than the bead. Unless you have dished the comb a little. When I shoulder my SxS, all I see is the bead. Nary a bit of barrel. My comb has been lowered (grinding and sandpaper) by an inch or so. 

21 minutes ago, Red Cent said:

Better to learn to set the lollipop on the top of the barrel and fire. We don't need no stinking sights. 

When one rapidly shoulders a shotgun and aims, one will see barrel from the receiver to the end of the barrel. For those of you who trap or skeet, you know what I mean. It means you will shoot higher than the bead. Unless you have dished the comb a little. When I shoulder my SxS, all I see is the bead. Nary a bit of barrel. My comb has been lowered (grinding and sandpaper) by an inch or so. 

Since my eye surgery left me without the ability to focus my dominant eye, I've been point shooting, with pretty good results!  Who needs them stinkin' sights... I can make out the blur of the targets ok, but front sights are danged near invisible!  Worst thing for me is pistols on Grey, 8-10" round targets.  Can barely make 'em out.  Looking forward to lens implant!

14 minutes ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

Timely question for me, Captain. I just tried to shoot my '73 yesterday and couldn't see the sight on black targets.

I'm looking at Slick's sights at  http://www.cowboyshooterssupply.com/firearm_parts.html

A dab of white paint is a good thing to try before you change sights.

Archived