SASS Wire Forum

SASS Handbooks, Know the Rules

The "Rules Clarifications Archives" have been updated to the current SHB V.22.3 "Penalties Overview" ; as well as the rule refs in the "Reload Choices" doc.

Thanks to Mid Valley Drifter for his assistance in maintaining the "RO Corner" page (no longer on the "super-secret" hidden site) ^_^

• 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Why does this link go to a club web site and not to an Official SASS web site?

Rule Clarification Archives

As a fairly new SASS member I would only go to the SASSNET web site for any Official SASS rule information.

As I understand it the Shooters Handbook (current edition, Version 23.2 January 2019) is the set of rules for SASS.

I would expect if there are changes or clarifications required to the current edition that SASS maintains them as an addendum to the rule book, on the rules web page and all SASS members are notified when there is a update to said addendum.

If it is not in the published rules then it can not be a rule (or clarification).

1 hour ago, Dusty Eagle said:

Why does this link go to a club web site and not to an Official SASS web site?

Rule Clarification Archives

That link is also accessible from the "Shooters Handbooks" page.

It is a SASS-authorized depository of the archives that is stored on that site to enable access for posting and updating as needed.

As a fairly new SASS member I would only go to the SASSNET web site for any Official SASS rule information.

As I understand it the Shooters Handbook (current edition, Version 23.2 January 2019) is the set of rules for SASS.

I would expect if there are changes or clarifications required to the current edition that SASS maintains them as an addendum to the rule book, on the rules web page and all SASS members are notified when there is a update to said addendum.

If it is not in the published rules then it can not be a rule (or clarification).

The documents on that site are considered as "published" in regard to current and past rule changes and/or clarifications; as are "posted & pinned" clarifications by the Range Operations Committee (ROC) on the SASS discussion forums.

Archived