SASS Wire Forum

When your childs a fire fighter

Captain Clark

I know that many have family members that are in harms way every day.  Please put all of them in your prayers tonight along with my youngest son who works for the US Forest Service and is a Type 1 wild land fire fighter doing what he enjoys immensely. He is working a big fire again this season outside of Reserve NM, the Buzzard fire which approaching 30,000 acres and growing. It is truly a young mans game consisting of fire, smoke, heavy equipment, and really long hours "in the black" as they call it. Myself and Ocotillo Annie couldn't be prouder of how he excels at the Forest Service. Say a prayer if you will..... Thanks   Capt Clark  :FlagAm::mellow:

Prayers Up for your son's safety and many Thanks for his service.:FlagAm:

I understand your emotions fully, Captain. My son was a Type 1 firefighter with the USFS Prescott Hotshots for 7 years and fought many of these fires. It's grueling  and dangerous work. He's off the line now and is based in Flagstaff as a dispatcher and also compiling data on these fires.

Please thank him for his service. 

All my best to you Captain, from one Hotshot dad to another.  :FlagAm:

Thanks Mary. He let us know last night he was off the fire after 14 days straight and ready for a couple days rest. 

Funny part was he was tired, yet was already planning on getting back to it! 

Archived