SASS Wire Forum

Bullet Buttons

I've hesitated to post this one, but, I suppose, I probably should, even if it's just for the record.

California Wins Battle in Ongoing War Against ‘Assault Weapons’

Excerpt

The technical question arises from a fairly straightforward law. In 2016, the California legislature expanded the definition of so-called assault weapons to sweep in ones outfitted with a bullet button. A bullet button is a quick release system that allows magazines to be swapped in and out by using a bullet tip as a tool. The goal of the law was to restrict removable magazines.

as government grows in scope it becomes increasingly expensive, imposing greater and greater costs upon its citizens.  This penalty will generate unrest in the citizenry as citizens find it more and more difficult to get by.   The police state then develops, and as we know from our lessons from our Founding Fathers:

"Before a standing army can rule, the people must be disarmed; as they  
are in almost every kingdom of Europe. The supreme power in America  
cannot enforce unjust laws by the sword; because the whole body of the  
people are armed, and constitute a force superior to any bands of  
regular troops that can be, on any pretense, raised in the United  
States" (Noah Webster in a pamphlet aimed at swaying Pennsylvania toward  
ratification)

"...but if circumstances should at any time oblige the government to  
form an army of any magnitude, that army can never be formidable to the  
liberties of the people, while there is a large body of citizens, little  
if at all inferior to them in discipline and use of arms, who stand ready  
to defend their  rights..."  
(Alexander Hamilton speaking of standing armies in Federalist 29.)

I don't know how deep into this Charlie wants to go but in my view it's important to understand the political mechanism that generates antagonism against guns, gun owners, the National Rifle Association, and the Second Amendment.

“A democracy cannot exist as a permanent form of government. It can only exist until the people discover they can vote themselves largess out of the public treasury. From that moment on, the majority always votes for the canidate promising the most benefits from the public treasury, with the result that democracy always collapses over a loose fiscal policy--to be followed by a dictatorship.”
Alexander Fraser Tytler

These united States are defined as a REPUBLIC -- not as a democracy.   In a REPUBLIC -- government is LIMITED.   As we drift to the LEFT the limits are broken down,-- little by little.

count them rounds!

don't you dare hit that slide-lock

VM2B4132cr.jpeg.d689a16c554e9f7ab3fa31f8be1be48a.jpeg

then press the RELOAD button

hmmmm......

when i pressed this button on my 'puter a copy of Penthouse Cover with Stormy popped up.

There are some bills being worked on that will basically classify any center-fire semi-auto as an assault weapon.

One thing that the bullet button ban has done is make people convert their ARs to "featurless."  Thread protector or muzzle brake rather than flash hinder.  No pistol grip.  Fixed stock.  That means you can go back to the designed magazine release.  

For now, anyway.

One other thing that is happening is that more and more otherwise law abiding gun owners are starting to say "Eff This! I'm sick of this useless BS!"  and ignoring those laws.  Now if they will just get off their lazy butts and VOTE!

ADDED;

Here is my wife's featureless AR.   Yes, the magazine holds only 10 rounds.

California AR.jpg

Archived