SASS Wire Forum

Question: wearing advertisements

Widder, SASS #59054

I know its against SASS rules to wear clothing that advertises for businesses/sponsors, etc...

BUT, how about 'medical' items such as wrist bands to support a wrist?

If someone with a previous broken wrist needs to wear a wrist ban that has "PTEX" on it for some added wrist support, would this be considered

against the rules?

How about a NIKE wrist ban (sweat ban) that might help give some support?   With the NIKE, I think it can be turned  inside out to hide the logo.

Are these items forbidden when the company name or logo is showing?

thanks,

..........Widder

I don't think it's the right call for a brace.  It would just be wrong to call a penalty on someone wearing an elbow brace for tendonitis with "Mueller" printed on it. 

I also don't see the logo on a sweatband as an issue.  Remember, "don't be a hardass".

Trying to use common sense and logic (Two things I'm not very good at using) I'd say it's a no call.  If we started calling manufacture's labels on things like that we'd have to call them on everything.  No logos on your pants, no logos on your boots, no logos on your GUNS. :o

Use the Justice Potter Stewart approach to determine whether or not it’s advertising:  it may be hard to define but I know it when I see it!

From page 4 of the shooters handbook.

"The displaying of any manufacturer’s, sponsor’s, or team logos on apparel.

(Manufacturer’s labels on such apparel or equipment are acceptable)"

Seems clear enough to me.

19 minutes ago, Warden Callaway said:

What about the SASS badges?   TO pins?  Award belt buckles?  And so on and so forth? 

REF: SHB p.43 "Logo" definition.

Logo:

distinctive graphic design, stylized name, unique symbol, or other device for identifying an organization

This includes those of SASS, individual clubs/ranges, match commemorative and those of any subgroups within the

Cowboy Action Shooting community

Exceptions: Badges, pins, belt buckles, scarf slides, military unit/rank insignia of a standard size.

Dooley Gang or Like Sleeve Garters with the Embroidered Group Names??

Not saying I have a problem with those, just bringing up an example of an item that could be questioned.

1 minute ago, Abilene, SASS # 27489 said:

Welll, I heard that Nike was paying Widder to wear that head band...

The way I shoot sometimes, NIKE needs to pay me 'NOT' to wear any of their stuff.....  :lol:

..........Widder

24 minutes ago, Buckaroo Bubba said:

Logo: distinctive graphic design, stylized name, unique symbol, or other device for identifying an organization

This includes those of SASS, individual clubs/ranges, match commemorative and those of any subgroups within the

Cowboy Action Shooting community

Exceptions: Badges, pins, belt buckles, scarf slides, military unit/rank insignia of a standard size.

Dooley Gang or Like Sleeve Garters with the Embroidered Group Names??

Not saying I have a problem with those, just bringing up an example of an item that could be questioned.

The questions are:

1) Does the item fall under the definition of "Logo"?

2) Is the item on the list of "Exceptions"?

(REF: Related regs/exceptions in next post)

OUTLAWED ITEMS

- The displaying of any manufacturer’s, sponsor’s, or team logos on apparel.  (Manufacturer’s labels on such apparel or equipment are acceptable) 

SHB p.4

Apparel – Articles of clothing including: shirts, pants, dresses, vests, jackets, coats, dusters, chaps/chinks, leggings, boots, and hats.  Not to include: Gun leather, ammo belts, garters/arm bands, wrist cuffs, or bandanas. 

SHB p.42

1 minute ago, PaleWolf Brunelle, #2495L said:

SHB p.4

SHB p.42

Thank you PWB...

Not to include: Gun leather, ammo belts, garters/arm bands, wrist cuffs, or bandanas.

This covers my question...

Thinking of getting an Outlaw Bullets wrap for the guncart.:lol:

KIDDING!:P

Waimea

I heard Widder has offered to shave his back and tattoo his sponsors logo there:ph34r:

Of course he will be changing his character dress to that of an American Indian and only wear a loincloth and moccasins in future:blink:

imagesY701XIWG.jpg

3 minutes ago, Major Crimes said:

I heard Widder has offered to shave his back and tattoo his sponsors logo there:ph34r:

Of course he will be changing his character dress to that of an American Indian and only wear a loincloth and moccasins in future:blink:

imagesY701XIWG.jpg

It might be time for me to take up guitar playing..... :lol:

..........Widder

26 minutes ago, Major Crimes said:

imagesY701XIWG.jpg

Thanks alot........gotta go to a hog farm now.

Seems to be a concern about what the "other guy" is doing.  I need to endeavor to follow the rules myself, unless I simply can't (medical, etc).  Unless the "other guy" is gaining a competitive advantage, mind your own business.  Keep your own ducks in a row.

5 hours ago, Joke 'um said:

Seems to be a concern about what the "other guy" is doing.  I need to endeavor to follow the rules myself, unless I simply can't (medical, etc).  Unless the "other guy" is gaining a competitive advantage, mind your own business.  Keep your own ducks in a row.

So to heck with our dress codes... To heck with safety rules...I don't get your post... Sorry...

Phantom

Archived