SASS Wire Forum

Might Be Worth A Trip To Starbucks

Subdeacon Joe

I couldn’t get any of the girls at various Starbucks to call out my name. I can’t believe they wouldn’t believe my name is Kaiser Soze...

17 hours ago, Subdeacon Joe said:

When they ask the name, say μολὼν λαβέ.

SO, you order more than one drink?

1 hour ago, Pat Riot, SASS #13748 said:

SO, you order more than one drink?

Sometimes.   If I'm out and about I might get a dessert coffee for my wife.

That said,  I think it's been 2 years since either of us stopped at one.

Tell 'em Kilroy was here.

Onliest time I go to Starbuck's is when we visit a certain cousin in Katy. They go there EVERY morning. They treat, so they get none of my money. I'm unlikely to run into anyone else I know in Katy, Tx. so I shut up and be a gracious guest. I may take a sharpie next time and leave my mark.

JHC

Kilroy-was-here.jpg

17 hours ago, Forty Rod SASS 3935 said:

Starbucks is NEVER worth a visit.:rolleyes:

I'll drink McDonalds coffee first. You will never see me in a Starbucks for any reason

That little mu and little lambda were a bit off-putting. I normally see it either in Title Case (like Pat wrote it) or in ALL CAPS.

If you want real coffee, you either perk it yourself, or . . . .

. . . go to a truck stop, or . . . . .

drive to Canada and go to Tim Hortons.

If you want motor sludge, you go to Starbucks.

9 minutes ago, Marshal Hangtree said:

drive to Canada and go to Tim Hortons.

Tim's ain't what it used to be. My finacee lives in Toronto and she says their coffee has gone downhill. It wouldn't surprise me if the merger with Burger King a few years ago had something to do with that.

When I heard they were merging with Burger King, I was afraid that might happen.  Haven't had Tim Horton's coffee since about 2009.  Great coffee back then.  Not quite as good as Merle's Truck Stop in Montgomery, but still good.

1 hour ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

I just go to Google Translate when Joe does this. ;)

PS I still have not figured out: ÃŒÃËÙà ËÃÂà :o

Allie... I think that's what he sez just before he sneezes...  :huh:

Starbucks; "we're going to hire 10,000 refugees", not vets or other citizens is what they said. "We are going to train all of our staff in diversity".

They are anti-gun, no guns allowed and have asked officers to leave the store!

Everything they have is overpriced!

So, no, I don't go to Starbucks.

Ike

2 hours ago, Allie Mo, SASS No. 25217 said:

PS I still have not figured out: ÃŒÃËÙà ËÃÂà :o

Originally it said Molon Labe, in Greek, with a capital mu and a capital lambda. Was there for a couple of years.

Then the board changed software. The new software did not recognize Greek, and changed it to those random characters.

We have changed software a few times since then, and I could probably put it back. If I thought about it.

But about half the time I'm on my phone, and can't see the signature. And when I'm on my confuser, I don't read the signature.

If I thought about it, I'd probably think, "It was right when I put it there. SASS screwed it up. SASS needs to fix it."

33 minutes ago, Alpo said:

Originally it said Molon Labe, in Greek, with a capital mu and a capital lambda. Was there for a couple of years.

Then the board changed software. The new software did not recognize Greek, and changed it to those random characters.

We have changed software a few times since then, and I could probably put it back. If I thought about it.

But about half the time I'm on my phone, and can't see the signature. And when I'm on my confuser, I don't read the signature.

If I thought about it, I'd probably think, "It was right when I put it there. SASS screwed it up. SASS needs to fix it."

Whew! Glad to have that mystery cleared up.;)

You know, I'd fix it for you; but, I no longer have superpowers. :lol:

What the hell--Allie Mo without her superpowers?????  That just ain't right!  They could at least give her supervision!!!

15 hours ago, Henry T Harrison said:

I'll drink McDonalds coffee first. You will never see me in a Starbucks for any reason

+1

Your SASS badge and 6 bucks gets you a free cup of coffee.

Archived