SASS Wire Forum

Iowa State Championship= awesome weekend.

We are finally back from the Iowa State match and just wanted top brag on it a bit. Honestly it's the most fun I've had in quite some time at a major match. Beautiful range with a beautiful backdrop. Nice props, well kept range (think golf course) with fun stages with targets that were challenging but just enough to where you had to remember what that thing on the end of your pistols was for. The hospitality was excellent. Lunch was included with your match fee everyday which was pizza on side match day and food made locally on the main match days and it was good. Relaxing atmosphere and good organization all lead to just a very good weekend. Marshal Kane, JB Kidd, Little Hermana, Tuco, Hot Iron Heater and I'm sure I'm missing some folks all did a great job especially considering the state record high temps that we encountered. On the second day of main match JB Kidd left during mid break to get more ice. He returned as we were almost done with the first stage in the high 90's heat after running around getting a job done and knocked out a 17 second stage, I've been there done that and have so much respect for folks that sacrifice their own shooting for the sake of a putting on a good event. The sport is full of them and they need to be recognized. I'd also like to thank everyone there for the kindness to both of my buckaroo and upcoming buckarette. Wrangling little ones not he range is tough and sometimes requires a group effort, it's appreciated. I can speak for the whole Paradise Pass crew in saying that we were treated like family and we will be back!

It was great having y'all join us. Here's a link to the scores

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B-R36nQbydD2LTRmNXNKUXJlMWs

The Fort Des Moines Rangers (FDMR) always put on a great shoot.  Deuce, thanks for letting the secret out!  I think they have a premier range in the midwest and always do a fantastic job giving shooters a great experience.  It was great having your crew join us- even in the crazy heat.  I was pretty excited to see the video of you shooting the "Duroc Sweep" on the FDMR facebook page!  We would love to have you back! 

We were signed up but a family emergency took priority. Hope to make it there next year.

Barry Sloe

59 minutes ago, Sergeant Duroc said:

The Fort Des Moines Rangers (FDMR) always put on a great shoot.  Deuce, thanks for letting the secret out!  I think they have a premier range in the midwest and always do a fantastic job giving shooters a great experience.  It was great having your crew join us- even in the crazy heat.  I was pretty excited to see the video of you shooting the "Duroc Sweep" on the FDMR facebook page!  We would love to have you back! 

Any "gamers" at the match, Sarge?:D

17 hours ago, Lawdog Dago Dom said:

Any "gamers" at the match, Sarge?:D

There is always at least one in the group. That is why we try to keep a "lawdog" around to keep the peace.  The problem is when the "lawdog" is corrupt...

I let the last gamer slide a bit because he had a sweet, sassy sidekick that was an absolute joy to be around. 

1 hour ago, Sergeant Duroc said:

There is always at least one in the group. That is why we try to keep a "lawdog" around to keep the peace.  The problem is when the "lawdog" is corrupt...

I let the last gamer slide a bit because he had a sweet, sassy sidekick that was an absolute joy to be around. 

Hard to game a stage with you and Memphis keeping an eye on us. Shortcake does have that Irish charm going for her, and she always leaves people smiling. But as newbies we totally enjoyed our first state match. You Iowa folks really went the extra mile for your guests and it was noticed and appreciated.

Really glad people enjoyed the match. Just wish I had been able to do more this year. Hopefully in better shape next year

This was an excellent event !

Our whole crew from Indiana and Michigan had a super time !

Deuce said it right, you felt right at home within 10 minutes of getting there !

We'll be back for sure !

All of ya Iowans is invited to our Indiana / Illinois State championship July 13, 14,15 !

We'll roll out the red carpet for ya !!!

Archived