SASS Wire Forum

Texas BP State match

Yusta B.

Match is done at Old Fort Parker.

Hellfire Hanna 1st place BP Buckerette. 5th overall in BP match.

Mean Michelle 1st place BP Lady 49er. 8th overall in BP match.

A couple smaller rifle targets on one stage, but could be made up with shotgun.

Some LARGE rifle/pistol targets.

Some HUGE pistol targets.

Some INTERESTING stages.

A whole bunch of FUN !

Yes - .32's can make smoke...

12 hours ago, Yusta B. said:

Match is done at Old Fort Parker.

Hellfire Hanna 1st place BP Buckerette. 5th overall in BP match.

Mean Michelle 1st place BP Lady 49er. 8th overall in BP match.

A couple smaller rifle targets on one stage, but could be made up with shotgun.

Some LARGE rifle/pistol targets.

Some HUGE pistol targets.

Some INTERESTING stages.

A whole bunch of FUN !

Enjoyed the match. always love shooting at the fort, especially long range out of the blockhouse. That's just a treat! 

Only question I still have is how in the world did a crusty old coot like you wind up with such a beautiful granddaughter? 

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

Enjoyed the match. always love shooting at the fort, especially long range out of the blockhouse. That's just a treat! 

Only question I still have is how in the world did a crusty old coot like you wind up with such a beautiful granddaughter? 

All I can say is ....... it must be a miracle of genetics !  Pleasure to see you again Hoss, I don't get to your neck of the woods often enough.

5 minutes ago, Will Kane said:

It was certainly a pleasure to meet you in person and shake your hand, Yusta B. 

Will Kane

And a pleasure to shoot with you !

2 hours ago, Hoss said:

What I wanna know is ...... how in the world does one guy win 3 rifles in a  raffle  in the same night ? I'm gonna be lookin for you at the next drawing to buy some tickets for me.

1 minute ago, Yusta B. said:

What I wanna know is ...... how in the world does one guy win 3 rifles in a  raffle  in the same night ? I'm gonna be lookin for you at the next drawing to buy some tickets for me.

Just good clean living.........

Yusta B,

It was a great match.  At least the rain held off until the last stage and then it COOLED OFF.  I learned that the cowboy cooler shirts get REALLY cold when they are sopping wet.  Had fun and was glad to get to be on your posse and meet you, your beautiful daughter and granddaughter.  Hellfire Hanna was fantastic for a first time blackpowder shooter.  Get her and Michelle purple feathers to put on their hats as that is what many of the women bp shooters do to signify we shoot bp. (Mine wouldn't stay in my hat band for this match though.  Will have to fix it for next time.) Enjoyed.

Excellent shoot. 

In my opinion, Old Fort Parker had at least two of the best original stages I have shot this year. 

Great people, great food, great weather.

I am continually amazed at the assortment of awards that they come up with, and hope that other clubs would do themselves a favor by checking them out.  

If you have never shot at the historical Old Fort Parker, it should be on your list.

Thanks for all the kind words, but the shooters are what make a match successful.  So a big thank you to all the shooters that attended.

I have been mulling over Hellfire Hannah's good looks.  I think I have it figured out.  Mean Michelle and Pinewood Kid (Yusta  B's two SASS shooting kids) are both nice looking----so his wife must have been a REALLY good looking lady!

Hope everyone will mark their calendars for our fall match:  Defend Old Fort Parker in conjunction with the Southwest Territory Championship.  October 19-21

Thanks again to all who attended,.

KK

I told young Hanna not to smoke - but she wouldn't listen  :lol:

527074357_Snapshot1(5-23-20183-52PM).png.d5654fd8be71c7ce7884493093348042.png

Video is KAPUT !

An outstanding match.  From the Plainsman, oops, Pat Garett, to the final shot for the posse shoot, Limey and I had an outstanding time.  

.. and yes, we are mailing our applications for Defend tomorrow.

Archived