SASS Wire Forum

Pietta 1858, .44 cal, 5.5", consecutive #s, lowered hammer

El Juez

Selling a pair of Pietta 1858 black powder revolvers. .44 cal, stainless, with 5.5 inch barrels. They have consecutive serial numbers. They had action work done, and the hammers lowered, making one-hand cocking much easier. They were cleaned and oiled well after every shoot and are in great shape with no problems. I'm in Utah. Asking $750 and I'll pay the shipping, or $700 with local pickup. 

SOLD

(If I could figure out how to delete it I would. Sorry)

I purchased these revolvers at a cowboy garage sale at a shoot a year and a half ago. I'm not sure who did the hammers or how. I just know they are turned down from what the typical Pietta hammers look like. There are no visible seams, welding, or any other signs. 

looks like someone polished the guns too... usually with the stainless pietas, the machine marks are quite visible, especially In digital photos... those look like mirrors!!! please sell them quickly before I buy them!!! (Im down to ten 58's now, i shoot a pair of kirst converted stainless uberti 58's in 45colt)

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 12:56 PM, El Juez said:

Selling a pair of Pietta 1858 black powder revolvers. .44 cal, stainless, with 5.5 inch barrels. They have consecutive serial numbers. They had action work done, and the hammers lowered, making one-hand cocking much easier. They were cleaned and oiled well after every shoot and are in great shape with no problems. I'm in Utah. Asking $750 and I'll pay the shipping, or $700 with local pickup. 

IMG_0560.JPG

IMG_0561.JPG

IMG_0562.JPG

IMG_0564.JPG

Images don't show.

Archived