SASS Wire Forum

Big Lube bullet molds for sale. 36 and 44cal

I have two 6-cavity Big Lube molds for sale.  Both of these molds are designed to cast bullets for cap and ball revolvers.  Please see links for further information.  http://www.biglube.com/BulletMolds.aspx?ItemID=d3fb4508-70e1-4d9b-87bd-6d9c2d504d33

http://www.biglube.com/BulletMolds.aspx?ItemID=db4de6d2-f7f1-4cc9-be13-60a8c627d736

The 36cal mold is used but not abused.  Asking $75 +$7S&H.

The 44cal mold has never been cast with.  Asking $85 +$7 S&H. 

These are designed to work with Lee 6-cavity handles. 

Willing to combine shipping if you want both molds.  Check or money order, no PayPal.

Like any conical these do take a little more finesse to load in a cap and ball gun, (have to make sure they get seated fairly straight) but you do not need a lube wad under the bullet or grease in front of the ball.  They both cast bullets approximately the same weight as their round ball counterpart so you don’t need to worry about these grouping significantly higher than your round ball loads.  These can also be used in 38cal and 45cal center fire cases for some very light loads.  

Thanks for looking!

99BC0E8D-B48C-4847-8D88-2E51228A6D4B.jpeg

9D14557A-EB96-41EF-8BD0-2DFA1C7468B3.jpeg

81AE3EB9-7C90-4EB4-AE00-60C7A34D9DC8.jpeg

A6CECD60-53AD-49F6-B198-BD948098865E.jpeg

Dawg: that 36 caliber mould can be difficult to use, ya really have to keep up a good pace to keep the mould hot enough. Too bad LEE doesn't offer it in a smaller block, or maybe an 8 cavity  like I get from another vendor.

Hi Slim:

Thanks for the heads-up.

I'll fiddle with it this Summer & see if I can make it work for me.

--Dawg 

Naw.  I found it much much easier to use the Springfield Slim mould.  When I run low on bullets, I call Springfield Slim and purchase some more.

Works a Treat.

The black residue shown on the 36cal mold is Frankfort Arsenal Drop Out.  I find the Drop Out works really well on helping small cavities fill out properly even with pure lead.  

Archived