SASS Wire Forum

Three Cut, a Ruger and '73 magician

McCandless

I'm glad to see that Three Cut, James Club III,  is going to be a vendor again at the North Carolina State Match.  The work and proprietary short stroke he does on Rugers is incredible.

I didn't know how nice my guns could be.  He's worked over several of my Vaqueros and '73s and oooooooh, slick and fast!   Even did some custom work on a pair of ROAs. 

He fine tuned a brace of '97s for me, and a 1911.

I may not be a fast shooter, but I can definitely appreciate a fine crafted machine.  I don't remember the winner of last year's Three Cut '73 at the State Championship,

but they won themselves a fine gun, which he tastefully embellishes.

We're blessed in this game to have some fine artisans, who are great competitors themselves, and can translate that experience into metal, that other shooters can enjoy.

He's even taken on some Franken-projects for me, that turned out better than I could have hoped.  He's got a project '66 I've given him to do some special work to, and 

another pair of cap guns will be headed his way soon.

Thank you Three Cut!

He had a table set up at South Carolina!   My shotgun needed some love and he had it working fine again in time for me to shoot.  Plus, he had some nice ones on the table, and one followed me home.  Great service.

NR

2 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Does he have a web-site or such

I googled the names Three Cut and James Club III and nothing came up pertaining to CA Shooting or gunsmithing?

3 hours ago, The Original Lumpy Gritz said:

Does he have a web-site or such?

OLG

I think his only web presence is on Facebook.  He probably needs to get himself a good website, but he stays too busy.

5afdd714ae4a9_ThreeCut2.thumb.jpg.04b0f4222ebd6b602ad33351d419c2d5.jpg  5afdd72a6370d_threecuta.jpg.866fd4bfb8d9e565255b4d61c0aae1ec.jpg

A right fine feller to shoot with and visit with too!!

He’s a heck of a shooter, too. He’s saved me with strange rifle  issues TWICE about 8-10 months apart... got me back shooting pretty quick and wouldn’t accept a payment...I gave him great big hugs!  Three Cut, like almost every other SASS Shooter/Vendor whether gunsmith, leather, bullets, etc is straight up. He’s honest. If you want a straight answer - he’ll tell you. So, unless you want the truth...don’t ask him is “these make my butt look Big” or “how old do you think I am”... you might not like the answer - but he will never lie to you!

Big hugs!

Scarlett

Alf as I call em has evolved into a mighty fine gunsmith an a hellova working partner. His pistols are among tha very best in tha business an as good a friend as I have. Proud of you buddy

RRR

I've got a set of Three Cut Rugers in .45 Colt.

Indeed, they are nice.   Although I use my .32 Rugers most of the time, those .45's are still set up super nice.

I've shown them to another Cowboy gunsmith and he was impressed by "ALF's" work.

Where you been hidin,  Wed Wiver Way?

..........Widder

Cut was posse marshal at my first state shoot.  He later put a pair of Blackhawk hammers on a pair of ROA's for me. You won't find a better gunsmith or person than Alf.

Lucky

Met Three Cut this weekend at the Ga State shoot and he was especially helpful to my 13 yo son shooting in only his 4th match ever.  Had a problem with the grip screw on one of his RNV's and Three Cut told us the fix,,,and I did not realize I was getting advice from a master,,, thought he was just a real nice guy, like most all the Cowboys we have met so far...!

1 hour ago, Doc Southerly said:

Met Three Cut this weekend at the Ga State shoot and he was especially helpful to my 13 yo son shooting in only his 4th match ever.  Had a problem with the grip screw on one of his RNV's and Three Cut told us the fix,,,and I did not realize I was getting advice from a master,,, thought he was just a real nice guy, like most all the Cowboys we have met so far...!

Yes, he is a master craftsman, a real nice guy, and all the other nice things everyone has said about him.  He loves working on guns and prefers to let his work speak for itself.

Sorry I missed you after the banquet, I really wanted to congratulate Levi on his win!!!  That award has an even greater value when there's another fine shooter (Iron Cowboy) there making sure that you earn it.  Please pass it along for me.  He's a fine young man and I enjoyed watching his gun handling skills.  Very impressive for someone so young and new to the game,

I was very pleased and fortunate to have the opportunity to posse up with the both of you this weekend and I hope to ride the trail with y'all again real soon,  YeeHaw!!!

14 minutes ago, CodyMaverick said:

Yes, he is a master craftsman, a real nice guy, and all the other nice things everyone has said about him.  He loves working on guns and prefers to let his work speak for itself.

Sorry I missed you after the banquet, I really wanted to congratulate Levi on his win!!!  That award has an even greater value when there's another fine shooter (Iron Cowboy) there making sure that you earn it.  Please pass it along for me.  He's a fine young man and I enjoyed watching his gun handling skills.  Very impressive for someone so young and new to the game,

I was very pleased and fortunate to have the opportunity to posse up with the both of you this weekend and I hope to ride the trail with y'all again real soon,  YeeHaw!!!

Thank you Cody, that is very nice of you and I will pass it on to Levi, who is still grinning from ear to ear...He realizes that Iron Cowboy only had one or two bad stages that gave Levi the match, and the competition is tough...hopefully these kids can enjoy it for many years...We really do appreciate all the help you and the other Cowboys gave us as new shooters.... Hope we get to posse up with you again down the trail... Doc.

Archived