SASS Wire Forum

Beretta Goldrush

Creeker, SASS #43022

Ive always wanted to get a Colt pump rifle/ clone. 

Never had the money and opportunity at the same time.

Thru the generousity of a friend and some luck - I now own a Beretta Goldrush in 357.

And before you ask; no, I have yet to get more than a three round run out of it (at speed) without jamming.

So since a gun that doesn't work is useless - I would like to get it to run.

Just for fun, just in case I ever get a wild hair to shoot B Western or just for something different. 

I know there are a couple of folks that know how to make these things work.  And I am sure there are more that I am not aware of; but Lassiter has used these things under competition stress and excelled with them.  Also, I have shot with Lassiter a couple times and he has always epitomized class.

So what this thread comes down to is; does anyone have contact information for Lassiter so maybe he can transform my tomato stake into a legitimate cowboy action rifle?  Thanks

pm sent

My first Lightning type Rifle was a Beretta Gold Rush and it was a nightmare from day one. It went back to Italy twice and to a place in Florida a couple of times also and it never would feed properly. I finally sold it to a pard that is an engineer and he said that he could make it work for about a third of what I paid for it. He gave up on it. Eldon Penner, Elrod, is up there in Nevada somewhere and you may be able to coax him out of retirement to work on it. I’m not sure Lassiter works on the Gold Rush but I hope he can help you out. 

Creeker

I hate to jump on the bad news band wagon but I had a real good  deal going on a Gold Rush a few years ago, Before I bought it I contacted Elrod and he told me to pass on it, I can't remember exactly what the problem was but he was pretty adamant about not buying it.  

My 45 Colt rifle is a Goldrush & my experience after firing 1k rounds through it is favorable.  I have never had a jam.  My only complaint is the occasional fail to fire due to bolt not being in battery.  You have to run the slide hard.  When you pull the trigger & there is no bang i feel the slide move ever so slightly forward. everything would be fine if all you have to do is thumb cock the hammer; however, the sear will not engage the hammer.  Uberti's safe design requires holding the trigger in its' rear most position, thumbing the hammer into cocked position, then releasing the trigger.  The alternative requires jacking out the unfired cartridge & after the magazine is empty load one over the top.

56 minutes ago, J.D. Daily said:

My 45 Colt rifle is a Goldrush & my experience after firing 1k rounds through it is favorable.  I have never had a jam.  My only complaint is the occasional fail to fire due to bolt not being in battery.  You have to run the slide hard.  When you pull the trigger & there is no bang i feel the slide move ever so slightly forward. everything would be fine if all you have to do is thumb cock the hammer; however, the sear will not engage the hammer.  Uberti's safe design requires holding the trigger in its' rear most position, thumbing the hammer into cocked position, then releasing the trigger.  The alternative requires jacking out the unfired cartridge & after the magazine is empty load one over the top.

Ugh.   Another thing that makes me glad I didn't buy one by them when I first looked into getting a Lightning.

Two AWA's and 1 Colt later I have no regrets.  (.45, .44-40 and .32-20)

Archived