SASS Wire Forum

John Wayne Category

El Hombre Sin Nombre

4 hours ago, Lawman Mays said:

IMHO there are too many categories already. Don't need another one.

What difference does it make to you?  If there were 100 categories you would never be bored shooting would you?  And any of the regional, state, national and even local shoots only need to choose the ones they want to support for awards and the rest don't get acknowledged but have shooting participants the way they want to!  I will go out on a limb here and say that probably at least 50% of the shooters at any of the matches know that they are not going to win a prize and came to have fun shooting cowboy and mixing it up with the other shooters!  So let them come in a different category, in fact come up with the most unusual category every month for whatever strikes their fancy!  The only shooting awards I ever get is last place and I could care less because I was able to walk around heeled and shoot cowboy guns!  Shoot the category that you like and leave others alone for wanting one they like. 

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply
29 minutes ago, Nimble Fingers SASS# 25439 said:

The only shooting awards I ever get is last place and I could care less because I was able to walk around heeled and shoot cowboy guns!  Shoot the category that you like and leave others alone for wanting one they like. 

Hey!!  I thought last place was mine! :lol:

Leastways I tell folks that I have more fun than they do, 'cause I get to shoot longer!

Hmm, now I need to make myself a pair of Duke holsters, and dig out that pair of 4 3/4" saa's that I haven't shot in years.

It still would be because I would be shooting one pistol with yellow finger grove grips not SASS sanctioned and therefore DQ'd the whole shoot and wouldn't care! ;), But don't tell anyone else, I don't want to get in trouble again, giggle, giggle!

16 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Hmm, now I need to make myself a pair of Duke holsters, and dig out that pair of 4 3/4" saa's that I haven't shot in years.

If you can do that, I need a cross draw version, right handed, for buntline(12"), how much for that?

21 minutes ago, Springfield Slim SASS #24733 said:

Please do. And then let me know when so we can shoot together. I need somebody to compete against, else people will think I created a category of one just so I can actually win for once.

Archived